Buildings and Structures
- Townsend Central Public School, Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada
- Townsend High School, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Townsend Hotel:
- Townsend Hotel (Birmingham, Michigan), a hotel in Detroit, Michigan
- Townsend Hotel (Casper, Wyoming), a NRHP-listed property in Wyoming
- Townshend International School, Hluboká nad Vltavou, Czech Republic
- Townsend & Wall, principal department store in downtown St. Joseph, Missouri from 1866 to 1983, now used for apartments
- Townsend Building (also "the Old Drugstore"), a historic site in Lake Butler, Florida, United States
- James W. Townsend House:
- James W. Townsend House (Orange Springs, Florida)
- James W. Townsend House (Lake Butler, Florida)
Read more about this topic: Townsend
Other articles related to "buildings and structures, buildings and, structures, building, buildings":
... The district includes 52 standing buildings and 2 structures or complexes of structures built during the period of significance ... Two contributing building were constructed before the establishment of Camp Lockett but were used by the U.S ... The primary categories of functional building types associated with the period of significance are present in the district ...
... The four tallest buildings in the area are located in downtown Minneapolis ... Today there is some contention over exactly which building is the tallest—most Minnesotans would immediately think of the IDS Center if queried on the point, although most sources seem to agree that Capella Tower is ... Buildings have gone up and been torn down rapidly across the region ...
... The buildings of the campus were designed by internationally renowned Modernist architect Paul Rudolph beginning in the early 1960s, to distinguish the campus from the outside world and provide ... The building architecture is similar to that of the Boston Government Service Center ... Rudolph made both the exterior and interior of each building of rough concrete (béton brut), an essential element of the style known as Brutalism, and he endowed buildings with large windows, with the ...
Famous quotes containing the words structures and/or buildings:
“The American who has been confined, in his own country, to the sight of buildings designed after foreign models, is surprised on entering York Minster or St. Peters at Rome, by the feeling that these structures are imitations also,faint copies of an invisible archetype.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“If the factory people outside the colleges live under the discipline of narrow means, the people inside live under almost every other kind of discipline except that of narrow meansfrom the fruity austerities of learning, through the iron rations of English gentlemanhood, down to the modest disadvantages of occupying cold stone buildings without central heating and having to cross two or three quadrangles to take a bath.”
—Margaret Halsey (b. 1910)