Notable Performances & Tours
- SYB performed with the Melbourne Staff Band when they toured in 2007.
- They participated in 2007's Salvation Army commissioning weekend activities playing in a concert with Sydney Congress Hall Band, The Sydney Veterans Band and Brisbane City Temple Band. These four bands then combined to make a "mass band" celebrating Sydney Congress Hall's 125th anniversary celebrations.
- The band performed at 2008's World Youth Day celebrations in front of 200,000 people. Specifically, at the re-enactment of the Stations of the Cross at Barangaroo on Friday 18 July.
- A group of six performers from the band performed the Salvation Army hymn tune Abide With Me on Channel Seven's Sunrise morning program.
- The band toured Victoria from the 29th to 31 August in 2008. They visited South Barwon and Warragul Corps as well as Melbourne City Temple.
- SYB played with James Morrison and The Onfire Big Band at Sydney Congress Hall in November 2008, for a Christmas concert.
- The 'PNG Tour 09', which commenced in early July '09, saw the band playing their unique style of Brass in crowds of up to 3000+ people, they were the first foreign Salvation Army band to tour Papua New Guinea since The Salvation Army, Campsie Corps Band in 1985.
Read more about this topic: Sydney Youth Band
Famous quotes containing the words notable and/or performances:
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)
“This play holds the seasons record [for early closing], thus far, with a run of four evening performances and one matinee. By an odd coincidence it ran just five performances too many.”
—Dorothy Parker (18931967)