In 2001, the FCSN schoolboard decided to move Shanley from the northern part of Fargo to a new location in the southern part of Fargo. They also decided to have Sullivan Middle School built on the same campus. The Shanley-Sullivan campus includes two separate academic wings with a number of shared facilities including offices, chapel, gymnasiums, cafeteria, and the music department located between them.
Beginning in summer 2009 and completed in fall 2010, Shanley High school recently completed construction and expansion of existing activities facilities along with the creation of a fully functional, multi-purpose football and soccer field named "Sid Cichy Stadium" in honor of one of the program's great former coaches. Sid Cichy Stadium is part of Shanley's Shelly Ellig Athletic Complex which will see the addition of a full track and baseball and softball fields in the coming years. Considered one of the state's premier high school athletics facilities, outdoor, artificially surfaced Sid Cichy Stadium has already hosted numerous state playoff competitions, including the 2010 State Boys' Soccer Tournament.
Read more about this topic: Shanley High School
Other articles related to "buildings, building":
... The buildings of the campus were designed by internationally renowned Modernist architect Paul Rudolph beginning in the early 1960s, to distinguish the campus ... The building architecture is similar to that of the Boston Government Service Center ... made both the exterior and interior of each building of rough concrete (béton brut), an essential element of the style known as Brutalism, and he endowed buildings with large windows, with the ...
... Most buildings in the commercial district, as well as many homes, feature stylistic interpretations of the timber-framed buildings found in the Franconia region of Germany ... and "X" patterns on the outside of buildings, as well as the use of "X" patterns on windows, doors, and other building features ... The concept of building with this unique Bavarian architecture came from an architect, Ed Beech, who was working for William "Tiny" Zehnder on a remodeling job of the Fischer ...
... an impressive station and hotel that was damaged in this attack but its main building remained in use until demolished in the 1960s during the building of the Victoria line ... The original westbound platform buildings remain on the opposite side of Holloway Road, as does a small part of the original entrance to the left of the ... A red plaque mounted on a building wall overlooking the roundabout, commemorates this event ...
... Ewyas, the Lord of Ewyas Harold, possibly on the site of earlier wooden monastic buildings of which no traces remain ... Construction of buildings in local sandstone began around 1175, and continued through the time of the first three abbots, Adam (1186-c.1216), Adam II (c.1216-1236 ... chapels, a processional ambulatory, and domestic buildings including a chapter house were added ...
Famous quotes containing the word buildings:
“The American who has been confined, in his own country, to the sight of buildings designed after foreign models, is surprised on entering York Minster or St. Peters at Rome, by the feeling that these structures are imitations also,faint copies of an invisible archetype.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“If the factory people outside the colleges live under the discipline of narrow means, the people inside live under almost every other kind of discipline except that of narrow meansfrom the fruity austerities of learning, through the iron rations of English gentlemanhood, down to the modest disadvantages of occupying cold stone buildings without central heating and having to cross two or three quadrangles to take a bath.”
—Margaret Halsey (b. 1910)