Recall may refer to:
- Recollection, recall from memory
- Product recall
- Recall election
- Letter to recall sent to return an ambassador from a country, either as a diplomatic protest or because the diplomat is being reassigned elsewhere and is being replaced by another envoy
- Recall to employment after a layoff
- Recall (information retrieval), a statistical measure (contrasted with precision), the fraction of (all) relevant material that is returned by the search
- Recall, in dog training, the process of bringing a dog to the caller from a distance
- Recall (bugle call), a bugle call used to signify that an activity should end
- Recall (broadcasting), the changing of a broadcasting station's call sign, parallel to rebranding
- Recall (email), a feature in Microsoft Outlook for retracting ill-advised emails and spam message alerts
- Recall, a button on a British telephone
- Recall, a button on a calculator
- ReCALL, an academic journal about computer-assisted language learning
Other articles related to "recall":
... A list of products and product photographs are available online at http//www.dshs.state.tx.us/foods/plumproductsNew.shtm. ...
... Customers were sent prepaid courier envelopes and instructed to send back their Mifi units for replacement of the battery and battery compartment cover ... Customers were notified that Novatel would return the serviced units within 6 to 8 weeks of their return ...
... Head faced a recall petition in late 2008 continuing into 2009, ostensibly for not representing the African American community and then for her support of Republican candidate Anh "Joseph" Cao, in ... The recall petition officially began on 2008 November 3, when recall leader Malcolm Suber formed, for the purpose, an organization calling itself Citizens for Accountability and Transparency in ... Head dismissed the leaders of the petition to recall her as "poverty pimps" pursuing their own agendas ...
... In July 2009, SIG Sauer issued a recall of all P238s sold within a certain serial number range, which they referred to as a "Mandatory Safety Upgrade." The reason stated for the recall is ... According to SIG Sauer, the recall did not affect any pistols with a serial number that started with "27Axxxxx" ...
Famous quotes containing the word recall:
“Liberalismit is well to recall this todayis the supreme form of generosity; it is the right which the majority concedes to minorities and hence it is the noblest cry that has ever resounded in this planet. It announces the determination to share existence with the enemy; more than that, with an enemy which is weak.”
—José Ortega Y Gasset (18831955)
“In times of plenty you always recall your times of want, youll have no need in times of want to yearn for your times of plenty.”
“Why wouldnt it scare me to have a fire
Begin in smudge with ropy smoke, and know
That still, if I repent, I may recall it,
But in a moment not: a little spurt
Of burning fatness, and then nothing but
The fire itself can put it out, and that
By burning out....”
—Robert Frost (18741963)