Prospect may refer to:
- Prospect (architecture magazine), a Scottish architecture magazine
- Prospect High School (disambiguation), various high schools
- Prospect House, the former President's residence and current faculty club of Princeton University
- Prospect (magazine), a monthly British essay and comment magazine
- Prospect Pictures, a television production company in London, England
- Prospect (sports), any player whose rights are owned by a professional team, but who has yet to play a game for the team
- Prospect (trade union), a United Kingdom trade union of professionals
- The American Prospect, a monthly political magazine
- The Prospect Studios, a television studio in Los Angeles, United States
- Prospect, a probationary member of a motorcycle club or an outlaw motorcycle club
- Prospect (marketing), a marketing term describing a potential customer
Other articles related to "prospect":
... Considered a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, Black was listed as the No. 12 offensive guard prospect in the nation ... Scout.com rated Black as a four star prospect and the 31st best offensive tackle prospect in the nation ...
... Prospect is a small suburb of Launceston ... Pleasant Laboratories are Tasmanian government laboratories located in Prospect and include Diagnostic Services - Researching the Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumor Disease Animal Health ...
... At the northern terminus of Arlington Ridge lies Prospect Hill, an Arlington County historic site ... The sign here reads Prospect Hill's vantage immediately overlooking the Pentagon (and the Washington D.C ... Prospect Hill's strategic elevation overlooking the Old Georgetown Road and the Green Valley made it an ideal location for a defensive post during the Civil War ...
... and Cataract Rivers channelled via tunnel, pipes and open canal to Prospect Reservoir ... From Prospect Reservoir the water supply moved through an open canal known as the Lower Prospect Canal along the corridor now known as the Lower Prospect Canal Reserve ... The Lower Prospect Canal falls approximately 2 degrees over its 7.7 kilometre length ...
Famous quotes containing the word prospect:
“Follow your genius closely enough, and it will not fail to show you a fresh prospect every hour.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The man, or the boy, in his development is psychologically deterred from incorporating serving characteristics by an easily observable fact: there are already people around who are clearly meant to serve and they are girls and women. To perform the activities these people are doing is to risk being, and being thought of, and thinking of oneself, as a woman. This has been made a terrifying prospect and has been made to constitute a major threat to masculine identity.”
—Jean Baker Miller (20th century)
“The most remarkable aspect of the transition we are living through is not so much the passage from want to affluence as the passage from labor to leisure.... Leisure contains the future, it is the new horizon.... The prospect then is one of unremitting labor to bequeath to future generations a chance of founding a society of leisure that will overcome the demands and compulsions of productive labor so that time may be devoted to creative activities or simply to pleasure and happiness.”
—Henri Lefebvre (b. 1901)