- Power (physics), the rate at which work is performed or energy is converted
- Electric power, the rate at which electrical energy is transferred by a circuit
- Human power, the rate of work performed by a human
- Motive power, an agent used to create motion
- AC power, power in an alternating current electric circuit
- Optical power, the degree to which a lens converges or diverges light
- Magnification, the factor by which an optical system enlarges an image
- Transmitter power output, the power used by a radio transmitter
- Effective radiated power, a standardized theoretical measurement of the power of a radio transmitter
- Power spectral density, a real function denoting the power or energy of a signal
- Electrical power industry, companies generating electricity for the electrical grid
Read more about this topic: Power
Other articles related to "physics":
... The Institute for Theoretical and Experimental Physics (ITEP Russian Институт теоретической и экспериментальной физики) is located in Moscow, Russia as a ... studying topics ranging from theoretical physics and mathematics to biology and chemistry ... Research areas in theoretical physics concentrate around quantum field theory including the string theory ...
... In a non-tonal language, segments may be differentiated as follows Vowels are replaced by a set of relative pitch ranges generally tracking the f2 formant of spoken language ... Stress is expressed by higher pitch or increased length Consonants are produced by pitch transitions of different lengths and height, plus the presence or absence of occlusion ...
... The idea that Newtonian physics proved causal determinism was highly influential in the early modern period ... For instance, Newtonian physics admits solutions where particles accelerate continuously, heading out towards infinity ...
... Information has a well-defined meaning in physics ... Bekenstein claimed that a growing trend in physics was to define the physical world as being made of information itself (and thus information is defined in ...
... Further information List of unsolved problems in physics Research in physics is continually progressing on a large number of fronts ... In condensed matter physics, an important unsolved theoretical problem is that of high-temperature superconductivity ... In particle physics, the first pieces of experimental evidence for physics beyond the Standard Model have begun to appear ...
Famous quotes containing the word physics:
“We must be physicists in order ... to be creative since so far codes of values and ideals have been constructed in ignorance of physics or even in contradiction to physics.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“... it is as true in morals as in physics that all force is imperishable; therefore the consequences of a human action never cease.”
—Tennessee Claflin (18461923)
“Now the twitching stops. Now you are still. We are through with physiology and theology, physics begins.”
—Alfred Döblin (18781957)