Lively may refer to:
- Adam Lively (born 1961), British novelist
- David Lively, American pianist
- Blake Lively (born 1987), American actress
- Edward Lively (1545–1605), English linguist and biblical scholar
- Eric Lively (born 1981), American actor
- Ernie Lively (born 1947), American actor
- Gerry Lively, American cinematographer and film director
- Jack Lively (1885–1967), American baseball player
- Jason Lively (born 1968), American actor
- Lori Lively, American actress
- Penelope Lively (born 1933), British writer
- Robert M. Lively (1855–1929), U.S. Representative from Texas
- Robyn Lively (born 1972), American actress
- Lively Island, Falkland Islands
- Lively, Ontario, Canada
- Lively, Virginia, United States
- Google Lively, a web-based virtual environment
- Lively Kernel, an open source web programming environment
- HMS Lively, the name of several ships of the Royal Navy
- Lively (album), an album by American band Arrogance
Other articles related to "lively":
... Lively is also the self-proclaimed capital of Upper Lancaster county. ...
... Moldova has a rather small but lively and open-minded gay scene ... Scott Lively, a vociferous opponent of gay rights who has linked homosexuality to having played a part in the spawning of the Rwandan Genocide and the ... from the Communist Party of Moldova, which cited Lively's visit as a reason for its opposition ...
... In March 2009, Lively, along with evangelical activists Don Schmierer and Caleb Lee Brundidge, arrived in Kampala to give a series of talks ... Lively and his colleagues "discussed how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how 'the gay movement is an evil institution' whose goal is 'to defeat the ... In March 2010, Lively wrote On March 14, 2012, Lively was sued in U.S ...
... Step Lively is a 1944 American musical film directed by Tim Whelan and starring Frank Sinatra ... Step Lively was based on the play Room Service, by Allen Boretz and John Murray ...
... Scott Douglas Lively is an American author, attorney and activist, noted for his opposition to LGBT rights and his involvement in the ex-gay movement ... Lively has called for the criminalization of "the public advocacy of homosexuality" as far back as 2007, and is involved in pending anti-gay legislation in Uganda ... Lively formed Watchmen on the Walls, an evangelical ministry, in Riga, Latvia ...
Famous quotes containing the word lively:
“Certain it is that scandal is good brisk talk, whereas praise of ones neighbour is by no means lively hearing. An acquaintance grilled, scored, devilled, and served with mustard and cayenne pepper excites the appetite; whereas a slice of cold friend with currant jelly is but a sickly, unrelishing meat.”
—William Makepeace Thackeray (18111863)
“All men are partially buried in the grave of custom, and of some we see only the crown of the head above ground. Better are the physically dead, for they more lively rot. Even virtue is no longer such if it be stagnant. A mans life should be constantly as fresh as this river. It should be the same channel, but a new water every instant.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“A CAUSE is an object precedent and contiguous to another, and so united with it that the idea of the one determines the mind to form the idea of the other, and the impression of the one to form a more lively idea of the other.”
—David Hume (17111776)