Sri Lanka Air Force
- Air Chief Marshal Harry Goonatilake, USP, ndc, psc, SLAF - former Commander of the Sri Lanka Air Force (1976–1981)
- Air Marshall Harsha Abeywickrama, RWP, RSP, VSV, USP, rcds, psc, qfi, SLAF - current Commander of the Sri Lanka Air Force (2011- )
- Air Vice Marshal Kolitha Gunathilake, RWP, RSP, VSV, USP, ndc, psc, qfi, SLAF - current Chief of Staff and former Director Air Operations, SLAF
- Air Vice Marshal Nimal Herat Gunaratne, VSV, USP, SLAF - Director Health Services, SLAF (note: - Also listed in Medicine)
- Air Vice Marshal A Kumaresan, RSP, USP, psc, SLAF - Director Planning, SLAF
- Air Commodore Shirantha Goonatilake, RWP, RSP, SLAF † - Commanding Officer, No. 1 Flying Training Wing
- Air Commodore Rohan J Pathirage, USP, CEng, MIE, SLAF - Director Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, SLAF
- Group Captain D. S. Wickramasinghe, RWP, SLAF † - Senior Staff Officer, Directorate of Aeronautical Engineering, SLAF
- Group Captain A. N. Sugandapala, RSP, MIM(SL), SLAF - Command Air Traffic Control Officer, SLAF
- Wing Commander Dayal Wijeratne, WWV, RSP, Two Bars, SLAF - Staff Officer Air Operation, SLAF
- Squadron Leader E. A. Dushantha Edirisinghe, WWV, SLAF † - recipient of the Weera Wickrama Vibhushanaya, the 2nd highest award for combat bravery in Sri Lanka and MEDEVAC pilot, No. 7 Squadron SLAF
- Flying Officer U. R. Fernando (Jnr), WWV, SLAF † - recipient of the Weera Wickrama Vibhushanaya, the 2nd highest award for combat bravery in Sri Lanka
Other articles related to "sri lanka air force, air, sri lanka, sri, lanka":
... Air Vice Marshal Prashantha De Silva, USP, M.Sc ... Def and Start Studies), psc - Director Inspection and Safety, Sri Lanka Air Force Air Vice Marshal EPB Liyanage - Director Investigation and Safety, AFHQ Cbo Air Vice Marshal Gagan ... IR), M Sc (Def Strat Stu), fndu, qhi - Defence Attache to Pakistan, former Base Commander Sri Lanka Air Force Katunayake, currently DIRECTOR LOGISTICS Air Vice ...
... Tamil சிறீலங்கன் எயர்லைன்ஸ்) (previously known as Air Lanka) is the flag carrier of Sri Lanka ... in Asia and Europe from its base and hub at Bandaranaike International Airport in the Sri Lankan capital, Colombo ... the Airline Centre, on the grounds of Bandaranaike International Airport in Katunayake, Sri Lanka ...
... Lanka, with its warriors, and horses, elephants and chariots (3149) ... Lanka with its towers and ramparts and gates (3147) The walls of Lanka (3282) ...
... Kadirgamar is considered as the finest foreign minister Sri Lanka ever had, due to his successful efforts of changing international opinion on Sri Lanka and the LTTE ... His recognition that significant change was needed within Sri Lanka if its communities were to live together peacefully was an enduring part of his legacy ...
15 February 1916 – 21 September 2008) was the President of Sri Lanka from 1 May 1993 to 12 November 1994, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka from 3 March 1989 to 7 May 1993 and the Governor of North Western province ...
Famous quotes containing the words force and/or air:
“He saw, he wishd, and to the prize aspird.
Resolvd to win, he meditates the way,
By force to ravish, or by fraud betray;
For when success a lovers toil attends,
Few ask, if fraud or force attaind his ends.”
—Alexander Pope (16881744)
“What is lawful is not binding only on some and not binding on others. Lawfulness extends everywhere, through the wide-ruling air and the boundless light of the sky.”
—Empedocles 484424 B.C., Greek philosopher. The Presocratics, p. 142, ed. Philip Wheelwright, The Bobbs-Merrill Co., Inc. (1960)