- Hon. Austin Asche, AC, QC - 3rd Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory from 1987-1993 and later 13th Administrator of the Northern Territory from 1993-1997.
- Hon. Bruce Billson, MP - Member of the Parliament of Australia, representing the Division of Dunkley (which encompasses the City of Frankston), from 1996-current.
- Hon. General Sir Dallas Brooks, GCMG, KCB, KCVO, DSO, KStJ - 19th Governor of Victoria from 1949-1963, and the General of the Royal Marines from 1945-1949.
- Rt Hon. Lord Stanley Bruce, CH, MC, FRS, PC - 8th Prime Minister of Australia from 1923-1929. (Resided at "Bruce Manor" in Frankston before moving to The Lodge in Canberra)
- Sir Harold W. Clapp, KBE - Victorian Railways Chairman of Commissioners from 1920-1939.
- Hon. Sir Rupert Hamer, AC, KCMG, ED - 39th Premier of Victoria from 1972-1981, anti-discrimination and environmental campaigner.
- Sir John Maddern, GCMG - 4th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria from 1893-1918 and Leiut. Governor of Victoria from 1893-1913. (Resided at "Yamala" in Frankston)
Read more about this topic: List Of Frankston People
Other articles related to "government":
... The austerity measures introduced by the government are in part an attempt to fulfill the Maastricht criteria ... Total government spending is high ... because of mounting financial-sector funding pressures and the general government debt which is of 81% of GDP (2010) ...
... Each operate their own municipal government, united they form one city government with its own constitution ... The city government also has a judicial branch based on the post-transitional judicial system as outlined by the High Representative's “High Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils ... Local communities have a small role in city government and are intended as a way for ordinary citizens to get involved in city government ...
... became Minister of Transport and Public Works in 1913, the government started working on official plans to enclose the Zuiderzee ... Dienst der Zuiderzeewerken (Zuiderzee Works Department), the government body responsible for overseeing the construction and initial management, was set up ...
... whereby the Prime Minister is the head of government, and of a multi-party system ... Executive power is exercised by the government ... Legislative power is vested in both the government and parliament ...
Famous quotes containing the word government:
“It has been the struggle between privileged men who have managed to get hold of the levers of power and the people in general with their vague and changing aspirations for equality, for justice, for some kind of gentler brotherhood and peace, which has kept that balance of forces we call our system of government in equilibrium.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)
“The United States is the only great nation whose government is operated without a budget. The fact is to be the more striking when it is considered that budgets and budget procedures are the outgrowth of democratic doctrines and have an important part in developing the modern constitutional rights.... The constitutional purpose of a budget is to make government responsive to public opinion and responsible for its acts.”
—William Howard Taft (18571930)
“Its no go the Government grants, its no go the elections, Sit on your arse for fifty years and hang your hat on a pension.”
—Louis MacNeice (19071963)