Fill may refer to:
- Fill dirt, soil added to an area.
- Fill (music), a short segment of instrumental music.
- In textiles, the filling yarn is the same as weft, the yarn which is shuttled back and forth across the warp to create a woven fabric.
- In finance, a fill is the fulfillment of a part or whole of an order at a given price by a broker or counterparty
- Fill flash, a technique in photography where the flash is used in bright locations to prevent shadows from being underexposed.
- Flood fill, in graphic design fills a color, pattern, or texture in an area.
- Matter that is contained in a pillow, cushion, quilt, etc., or used to protect items in a package; it may have more specific names, e.g., fiberfil, foamfill, etc., some being tradenames or brands.
Other articles related to "fill":
... On June 1, 2009, Steve Dillard was nominated by Georgia State Senator Cecil Staton (R) to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court of Georgia, and, on July 1, 2009 ... In October 2010, Governor Perdue appointed Dillard to fill one of two vacancies on the Georgia Court of Appeals ...
... The KIK-20 Secure DTD2000 System (SDS) is a key fill device developed by Sypris Electronics, Florida, US, under the auspices of the U.S ... It, along with the AN/PYQ-10, is intended to eventually replace the AN/CYZ-10 key fill device, along with older units still in service, and can support a wide variety of cryptographic devices and key types ... has a 6-pin connector for cabling to NSA standard fill connectors ...
... The fill-in of a matrix are those entries which change from an initial zero to a non-zero value during the execution of an algorithm ... used during an algorithm it is useful to minimize the fill-in by switching rows and columns in the matrix ... The symbolic Cholesky decomposition can be used to calculate the worst possible fill-in before doing the actual Cholesky decomposition ...
... The fill command could wrap any number of commands within its parentheses, allowing it to fill complex shapes ... write" that allowed the programmer to set the fill style within the fill, and abandon it as soon as it ended ...
Famous quotes containing the word fill:
“It would be as wise to set up an accomplished lawyer to saw wood as a business as to condemn an educated and sensible woman to spend all her time boiling potatoes and patching old garments. Yet this is the lot of many a one who incessantly stitches and boils and bakes, compelled to thrust back out of sight the aspirations which fill her soul.”
—Sarah M. Grimke (17921873)
“Alcohol doesnt console, it doesnt fill up anyones psychological gaps, all it replaces is the lack of God. It doesnt comfort man. On the contrary, it encourages him in his folly, it transports him to the supreme regions where he is master of his own destiny.”
—Marguerite Duras (b. 1914)
“The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a mans heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)