Dumont or DuMont is a common family name in France that has spread to many other countries. It is the name of:
- Dumont de Montigny (1696-after 1753), French explorer and author
- Alberto Santos-Dumont (1873–1932), Brazilian aviation pioneer and inventor
- Allen B. DuMont, American inventor, industrialist, and pioneer in the early years of television
- Bruno Dumont (born 1958), French motion picture director (of polemic La Vie de Jésus fame)
- Charles Dumont de Sainte Croix (1758–1830), French zoologist
- Eric Dumont (born 1961), French yachtsman
- Éric Dumont, French horticulturalist
- Fernand Dumont (1927–1997), sociologist, poet and writer from Québec, Canada
- Gabriel Dumont (ice hockey), Canadian ice hockey player
- Gabriel Dumont (Métis leader) (1837–1906), Canadian indigenous leader of the Métis people
- Henri Dumont (1610–1684), French musician and composer
- Ivy Dumont (born 1930), governor-general of the Bahamas
- Jean-Pierre Dumont, Canadian professional ice hockey forward
- José Dumont (born 1950), Brazilian TV and movie actor
- Jules Dumont d'Urville (1790–1842), French naval officer and explorer
- Léon Dumont (1837-1877), French psychologist and philosopher
- Louis Dumont (anthropologist) (1911–1998), French sociologist and anthropologist
- Margaret Dumont (1882–1965), American actress
- Mario Dumont (born 1970), Canadian politician from Québec
- Pierre Étienne Louis Dumont (1759–1829), French/Swiss political writer
- René Dumont (1904–2001), French agronomist, sociologist and scientist
- Stéphane Dumont (born 1982), French footballer
- Tom Dumont, lead guitarist of third wave ska band No Doubt
Read more about this topic: Dumont
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 people (11.8 ...
... Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“Moses said to Aaron, What did this people do to you that you have brought so great a sin upon them?”
—Bible: Hebrew, Exodus 32:21.
“Those people have no real interest in a science who only begin to get excited about it when they themselves have made discoveries in it.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“... some of my people could have been left [in Africa] and are living there. And I cant understand them and they dont know me and I dont know them because all we had was taken away from us. And I became kind of angry; I felt the anger of why this had to happen to us. We were so stripped and robbed of our background, we wind up with nothing.”
—Fannie Lou Hamer (19171977)