Dual may refer to:
- Dual (mathematics), a notion of paired concepts that mirror one another
- Dual (category theory), a formalization of mathematical duality
- . . . see more cases in Category:Duality theories
- Dual (grammatical number), a grammatical category used in some languages
- Duality (electrical circuits)
- Dual diagnosis, a psychiatric diagnosis of co-occurrence of substance abuse and a mental problem
- Dual fertilization, simultaneous application of a P-type and N-type fertilizer
- DUAL (cognitive architecture), an artificial intelligence design model
- DUAL algorithm, or Diffusing update algorithm, used to update Internet protocol routing tables
- DUAL table, a special one-row and one-column database table
- Dual SIM cellphone
- Dual (brand), a manufacturer of Hifi equipment
- Dual county, referring to a Gaelic Athletic Association county which traditionally competes at a similar level in both Gaelic football and hurling
Read more about Dual: Media
Other articles related to "dual":
... Dual use goods are products and technologies normally used for civilian purposes but which may have military applications ... -European Commision, Trade Topics, Dual Use “ ” Dual-use is a term often used in politics and diplomacy to refer to technology which can be used for both peaceful and military aims ... More generally speaking, dual-use can also refer to any technology which can satisfy more than one goal at any given time ...
... In coding theory, the dual code of a linear code is the linear code defined by where is a scalar product ... In linear algebra terms, the dual code is the annihilator of C with respect to the bilinear form ... The dimension of C and its dual always add up to the length n A generator matrix for the dual code is a parity-check matrix for the original code and vice versa ...
... The road is a mixture of dual carriageway and single carriageway, with the section east of Low Newton, Cumbria to the M6 being mainly dual ... Further dual sections are south of Newby Bridge, south of Greenodd and south of Ulverston ...
... Dual (album), an album of traditional Scottish and Irish music recorded by Éamonn Doorley, Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, Julie Fowlis and Ross Martin, released 2008 Dual (film) "Dual" (Heroes), an episode of ...
... A self-dual code is one which is its own dual ... If a self-dual code is such that each codeword's weight is a multiple of some constant, then it is of one of the following four types Type I codes are binary self-dual codes which are not ... Type II codes are binary self-dual codes which are doubly even ...
Famous quotes containing the word dual:
“Thee for my recitative,
Thee in the driving storm even as now, the snow, the winter-day
Thee in thy panoply, thy measurd dual throbbing and thy beat
Thy black cylindric body, golden brass and silvery steel,”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)