Devotion, devotional, or devotee may refer to:
- Devotional song
- Devotional literature
- Anglican devotions
- Catholic devotions
- Devotional medal
- Bible study — called "devotion" or "devotional" by some Christian denominations
- Hindu devotional movements
- Devotion (John McLaughlin album), 1970
- Devotion (The Best of Yanni), 1997 compilation
- Devotion (Masami Okui album), 2001
- Devotion (Newsboys album), 2004
- Devotion (Beach House album), 2008
- Devotion (Mia Martina album), 2011
- Devotion (Jessie Ware album), 2012
- Devo-Tees, a collection of Devo songs as privately recorded by various artists and sent in to KROQ's Dr. Demento
- Devotion, a 1979 album by L.T.D.
- "Devotion" (song), a 1974 song by Earth, Wind & Fire on Open Our Eyes
- "Devotion", a 1999 song by Luscious Jackson on Electric Honey
- "Devotion", a 2010 song by Hurts featuring Kylie Minogue for their 2010 album Happiness
Other in music:
- The Devotions, a 1960s music group
- Devotional Tour, Depeche Mode tour for album Songs of Faith and Devotion.
- Devotional (video) of the Devotional Tour
- Devotion, a 1990s techno-dance band
Films and television:
- Devotion (1931 film), starring Ann Harding and Leslie Howard
- Devotion (1946 film), starring Ida Lupino and Olivia de Havilland as two of the Brontë sisters
- Devotion (1950 film), an Italian film
- "Devotion" (Charlie Jade), an episode of the television series Charlie Jade
- Devotion (TV series), a Singaporean TV series by MediaCorp Channel 8.
- Devotion, North Carolina, an unincorporated community
- devotees, sexual attraction to people with physical disabilities
Other articles related to "devotion, devotions":
... Some of the devotions are accompanied by pilgrimages ... The last devotion on May 31 is often followed by a solemn procession, during which a statue of the Virgin Mary or a portrait is carried back into the church ... Some May devotions may take place outside in a forest or a dedicated special place ...
... The origin of the conventional May devotion is still relatively unknown ... It is certain that this form of Marian devotion began in Italy ... witnesses speak of a particular form of Marian devotion in May in Grezzano near Verona ...
... Devotion is a small unincorporated community in the Bryan Township of western Surry County, North Carolina ... Fairly isolated, Devotion is on the Mitchell River and is the site of a large (100 square miles) family estate owned by members of the R ...
... Buddhist Devotion is an important part of the practice of most Buddhists ... According to a spokesman of the Sasana Council of Burma, devotion to Buddhist spiritual practices inspires devotion to the Triple Gem ... A very important form of Buddhist devotion is Pure Land Buddhism, which is practised by most Chinese monks, some combining it with Chan (Zen) ...
... The First Council of Ephesus in 431 formally approved devotion to the Virgin as Theotokos, Mother of God, (more accurately translated as God bearer) ... Devotion to Mary was, however, already widespread before this point, reflected in the fresco depictions of Mother and Child in the Roman catacombs ... In the East, devotion to Mary blossomed in the sixth century under official patronage and imperial promotion at the Court of Constantinople ...
Famous quotes containing the word devotion:
“Often devotion to virtue arises from sated desire.”
—Laurence Hope (18651904)
“I have never doubted your courage and devotion to the cause. But you have just lost a Division, and prima facie the fault is upon you; and while that remains unchanged, for me to put you in command again, is to justly subject me to the charge of having put you there on purpose to have you lose another.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“[James G. Blaines] devotion to the public interests, his marked ability, and his exalted patriotism have won for him the gratitude and affection of his countrymen and the admiration of the world. In the varied pursuits of legislation, diplomacy, and literature his genius has added new luster to American citizenship.”
—Benjamin Harrison (18331901)