Codex Cyprius

Codex Cyprius, designated by Ke or 017 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 71 (von Soden), is a Greek uncial manuscript of the four Gospels, on parchment. It was variously dated in the past (8th–11th centuries), currently it is dated to the 9th century. It was brought from Cyprus (hence name of the codex) to Paris. Sometimes it was called Codex Colbertinus 5149 (from new place of housing). The words are written continuously without any separation, with stichometrical points.

It is one of the very few uncial manuscripts with complete text of the four Gospels, and it is one of the more important late uncial manuscript of the four Gospels.

The text of the codex was examined by many scholars. It represents the Byzantine text-type, typical for the majority of manuscripts, but it has numerous peculiar readings. The manuscript was examined by many palaeographers and textual critics since the end of the 17th century until to half of the 20th century. Although its text is not high estimated by the present textual critics and full collation of its text was never made or published, it is often cited in editions of the Greek New Testament.

Read more about Codex Cyprius:  Description

Other articles related to "codex, cyprius, codex cyprius":

Codex Nanianus - Text of The Codex - Textual Variants - Other Readings
... to Jesus) the reading of the codex is supported by Sinaiticus, Alexandrinus, Vaticanus, Cyprius, Regius, Vaticanus 354, Macedoniensis, Sangallensis, Koridethi ... In John 451 it reads υιος (son) for παις (servant), the reading of the codex is supported by Codex Bezae, Cyprius, Petropolitanus Purpureus, Petropolitanus, 0141, 33, 194, 196, 743, 817, 892, 1192, 1216, 1241 ... In John 667 it has unique reading μαθηταις (disciples), it is supported by Codex Koridethi, other manuscripts have δωδεκα (twelfe) ...
Codex Cyprius - History - Discovery and Further Research
... The early history of the codex is unknown ... It was brought from Cyprus – hence actual name of the codex – to the Colbert Library (no. 5149 – sometimes it was called Codex Colbertinus 5149) in Paris in 1673, whence it passed into its present locality – Bibliothèque nationale de France ...