Cherry Blossom Festival may refer to:
- National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC
- The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival
- Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia, a spring celebration
- The annual Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park in Newark, New Jersey
- The annual Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco, CA (Japan town)
- International Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon, GA
- Hanami, a traditional Japanese custom of celebrating the beauty of flowers, especially cherry blossoms
- An annual festival at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York
... of State Societies joined the DC Commissioners in restarting the pre-war cherry blossom festival as a way to rebuild friendly relations with Japan ... events such as a ball and to sponsor state cherry blossom princesses to participate in festival activities ... organized under the umbrella of the ("National Cherry Blossom Festival") ...
... is the oldest county park in the United States and is home the nation's' largest collection of cherry blossom trees, with about 4,300 ... Japan gave 3,020 cherry blossom trees as a gift to the United States in 1912 to celebrate the nations' then-growing friendship, replacing an earlier ... The cherry blossom trees continue to be a popular tourist attraction (and the subject of the annual National Cherry Blossom Festival) when they reach full bloom ...
... An important annual festival for Japanese Americans is the Obon Festival, which happens in July or August of each year ... February Japanese Heritage Fair Honolulu, HI February to March Cherry Blossom Festival Honolulu, HI March 3 Hina Matsuri (Girls' Day) Hawaii March Honolulu Festival Honolulu ...
... Today the National Cherry Blossom Festival is coordinated by the National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc ... More than 700,000 people visit Washington each year to admire the blossoming cherry trees that herald the beginning of spring in the nation's capital ... The two-week festival begins on the last Saturday of March with a Family Day and an official opening ceremony in the National Building Museum ...
Famous quotes containing the words festival, cherry and/or blossom:
“The surest guide to the correctness of the path that women take is joy in the struggle. Revolution is the festival of the oppressed.”
—Germaine Greer (b. 1939)
“The cherry orchard is now mine!... I bought the estate on which my grandfather and father were slaves, where they were not even permitted in the kitchen.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)
“O that this blossom could be kept from cankers!”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)