Central Avenue is an often used road name. Major thoroughfares with this name include:
- Central Avenue (Windsor, Ontario)
- Chittaranjan Avenue, in Kolkata, India
- United States
- Central Avenue Corridor in Phoenix, Arizona
- Central Avenue (Albany, New York) in Albany, New York
- Central Avenue (Albuquerque) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, part of Historic Route 66
- Central Avenue (Baltimore) in Baltimore, Maryland
- Central Avenue (Chicago) in Chicago, Illinois
- Central Avenue (Five Towns) in Long Island's Five Towns in Nassau County, New York
- Central Avenue (Hudson Palisades), New Jersey
- Central Avenue (Los Angeles) in Los Angeles, California
- Central Avenue (St. Petersburg, Florida)
- Minnesota State Highway 65 is known as Central Avenue in Minneapolis and some northern suburbs
- Central Avenue (MBTA station) in Massachusetts
|This article includes a list of roads, streets, highways, or other routes that are associated with the same title.
Other articles related to "central, avenue, central avenue":
... West of 1st (later Central) Avenue, Albert Hanson subdivided the rest of his land holdings on a north-south axis, and developed it as residential and commercial properties ... The resulting gap between Central Avenue and the tracks was built up as light industrial lands ... Development of the portion of Sutherland Industrial east of Central Avenue and north of what is now College Drive began in earnest in the early 1960s ...
... Lake Wales Polk County August 31, 1990 First Baptist Church 338 East Central Avenue Lake Wales Polk County August 31, 1990 Lake Wales City Hall 152 East Central ... Tillman House 301 East Sessoms Avenue Lake Wales Polk County August 31, 1990 ...
... Street 1900–1920 06.092 (28) 4 Heard Building 05.0112 North Central Avenue 1920–1924 04.0102 (31) 8 Luhrs Building 01.013 West Jefferson Street 1924–1927 05.0138 (42) 10 Westward ...
... The Central Avenue Corridor is a significant stretch of north-south Central Avenue, in Phoenix, Arizona ... people being employed within just a three-mile (5 km) radius of this swath of Central Avenue ... as Midtown, Phoenix—the collection of neighborhoods north of Downtown, and south of the North-Central and Sunnyslope areas ...
Famous quotes containing the words avenue and/or central:
“Extemporaneous speaking should be practised and cultivated. It is the lawyers avenue to the public.... And yet there is not a more fatal error to young lawyers than relying too much on speechmaking. If any one, upon his rare powers of speaking, shall claim an exemption from the drudgery of the law, his case is a failure in advance.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“The Federal Constitution has stood the test of more than a hundred years in supplying the powers that have been needed to make the Central Government as strong as it ought to be, and with this movement toward uniform legislation and agreements between the States I do not see why the Constitution may not serve our people always.”
—William Howard Taft (18571930)