- Tom Irvine’s House – 1911 Bachelor’s house.
- Church – replica 1920s church, often used today for weddings.
- War Memorial Fountain – 1923 fountain erected by the Burnaby Civic Employees Union in front of Burnaby’s Municipal Hall.
- Vorce Tram Station – This original 1911 station from the Burnaby Lake interurban line was restored to its original appearance in 2008.
- Interurban 1223 Tram Barn – A restored 1912 B.C. Electric Railway interurban tram, complete with information about the history of the BCER and its role in the development of Burnaby.
- C.W. Parker Carousel – A restored 1912 vintage carousel. Each horse is a work-of-art that was hand-carved and painted. Visitors can ride on the carousel for a small fee.
- Elworth – The 1922 home of Burnaby’s Bateman family. This beautiful home was once part of the exclusive Deer Lake neighbourhood, and remains in its original location today.
- Elworth Garage – The original garage of the Elworth home.
- Drugstore – An example of a typical 1920s drugstore in Burnaby.
- McKay Barbership – A 1920s barbershop, modelled after Burnaby’s McKay barbershop that operated on Kingsway.
- The Stride Studios – A temporary exhibit gallery that features a different special exhibit each year. In 2011, the gallery hosts “Prints from CPR Magic Lantern Slides, 1885-1930,” curated by Michael Lawlor and Bill Jeffries and circulated by the Simon Fraser University Gallery.
- Burnaby Lake General Store – A 1920s General Store, based on an actual store from Burnaby.
- Royal Oak Garage – Based on a 1925 garage on Kingsway in Burnaby.
- Optometrist* Central Park Theatre – Silent movies from the 1920s are played in the theatre.
- Old Curly Locomotive – The oldest surviving steam locomotive in British Columbia, used in the 1880s to build part of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
- Wagner’s Blacksmith Shop – A working blacksmith shop, based on a 1925 Burnaby business.
- Steam Equipment – Examples of how steam was once used to power sawmills and industrial equipment.
- Steam Donkey – Steam donkeys were used to move logs in the forest by winching steel ropes.
- Log Cabin – A reproduction log house. Burnaby’s first settler, William Holmes, built a log cabin in 1860.
- Japanese Ofuro – A replica Ofuro (bathhouse), built in 1977 to commemorate the arrival in B.C. of the first Japanese immigrant in 1877.
- Dow, Fraser & Co. Real Estate Office – A 1927 building originally a grocery store annex.
- Royal Bank - Constructed in Britannia Beach in 1950, this Royal Bank building is set up to look like Burnaby’s Royal Bank, which opened in 1921.
- Treble Clef Phonographs – A 1920s music shop with an operating player piano.
- The Burnaby Post – The working print shop representing the offices of Burnaby’s weekly paper, the Burnaby Post.
- Way Sang Yuen Wat Kee – The contents from this replica Chinese herbalist’s shop came from a store which operated in Victoria from about 1900 to 1971.
- The Home Bakery – The original “Home Bakery” was located on Kingsway, just east of Boundary Road.
- Bandstand – The Museum’s bandstand is based on the Central Park bandstand, built in 1895 and used until the 1920s.
- Vancouver Heights Sheet Metal Works – This little building was once a shed used for horseshoeing on Burnaby’s Lubbock Farm. Today, it houses tinsmithing tools used to make a variety of items out of sheet metal.
- Bell’s Dry Goods - This original store building, built circa 1922, housed the dry-goods business of Flora and William Bell until 1937.
- Seaforth School – A school building opened in Burnaby in 1922 with 20 students. It was located on the north side of Burnaby Lake at Government Street and Piper Avenue.
- Jesse Love Farmhouse – The 1893 farmhouse of Jesse and Martha Love.
Information from the Burnaby Village Museum Visitors Map
Read more about this topic: Burnaby Village Museum
Other articles related to "permanent exhibits, permanent, exhibits, exhibit":
... The Museum has several permanent exhibitions ... The Cultures Gallery exhibits 40,000 years of Peruvian pre-Columbian history ...
... back of the building in 2000 to house the Museum’s permanent exhibits and staff offices ... The exhibits cover two large floors of the complex and chronicle 300 years of Mobile history ... The museum normally has a six month long featured exhibit, special collections exhibits that are rotated periodically, and several permanent exhibits ...
Famous quotes containing the words exhibits and/or permanent:
“Uncritical semantics is the myth of a museum in which the exhibits are meanings and the words are labels. To switch languages is to change the labels.”
—Willard Van Orman Quine (b. 1908)
“The chief element in the art of statesmanship under modern conditions is the ability to elucidate the confused and clamorous interests which converge upon the seat of government. It is an ability to penetrate from the naïve self-interest of each group to its permanent and real interest.... Statesmanship ... consists in giving the people not what they want but what they will learn to want.”
—Walter Lippmann (18891974)