Bahadur (Persian: بهادر, is the Persian form of Baghatur, a Turco-Mongol term for "warrior"; it literally means brave. It is intrinsic to the Urdu language in South Asian Subcontinent. It is a popular first name for Muslims particularly among the Pashtuns and other Afghans. It may refer to:
- As a personal name
- Sardar Bahadur Khan, Pakistani politician
- Bahadur Shah Zafar, last Mughal Emperor of India
- Bahadur Yar Jung, Muslim active in the Indian Muslim struggles of the 1920s to 1940s
- Banda Singh Bahadur (1670–1716), a Sikh warrior and martyr
- Coote Bahadur (1726-1783), a name given to the Irish soldier Sir Eyre Coote by his troops
- Raghu Raj Bahadur (1924–1997), a mathematical statistician
- Bahadoor (1930–2000), a comedic actor in Malayalam-language films
- Other uses
- Bahadur (comics), a popular Indian comic book superhero
- "Bahadur", a title used by Indian Maharajas
- Bahadur, the Indian Air Force's designation for the Mikoyan MiG-27 jet fighter
- Bahadır, a Turkish forename and surname
- Khan Bahadur, an honour conferred by the British Indian Empire on important Muslims and Parsis
- Rao Bahadur and Diwan Bahadur, honours conferred by the British Raj on Hindus and Christians
Other articles related to "bahadur":
... Nawab Muhammad Said Khan Bahadur (19 May 1786-1 April 1855) was Nawab of Rampur from 1840 to 1855, succeeding his cousin Ahmad Ali Khan Bahadur ... The son of Ghulam Muhammad Khan Bahadur, Muhammad Said spent his early years in the service of the East India Company, eventually rising to the rank of ... He was succeeded by his eldest son, Yusef Ali Khan Bahadur ...
... Kapurthala Jagatjit Singh Bahadur - GBE (1927) Nawanagar K.S ... Sajjan Singh - KCVO (1922) Jaora Muhammad Ifthikar Ali Khan Bahadur - GBE (1937) Palanpur Taley Muhammad Khan Bahadur - KCVO (1922) Rajpipla Vijaysinhji ...
... Raja Bahadur rules his region, although fully aware that his days as King are numbered ... When his brother, Suraj, returns from abroad, Bahadur decides to withhold this information from him ... In order to keep up appearances, Bahadur gets his men to rob their neighbor, Hiralal's house, of all jewellery and cash ...
... Ustad Bahadur Khan (born Bahadur Hossain Khan, January 19, 1931) was a sarod player. ...
... with an army to support the forces in Bengal against Arab Bahadur ... When Shahbaz Khan came near to Hajipur where Arab Bahadur had taken refuge with Raja Gajpati, he marched to attack him ... him clearing away the jungle and finally drove off Arab Bahadur and made the Raja Gajpati submit ...