Auld as a surname may refer to the following persons:
- Alex Auld (born 1981), Canadian hockey player
- Andrew Auld (1799–1873), Scottish ship's carpenter in Hawaii
- Andy Auld (1900-1977), Scottish-American soccer player
- Bertie Auld (born 1938), Scottish football player and manager
- Cathy Auld, Canadian curler
- Doug Auld (born 1962). American editor and publisher of Sprint Car & Midget Magazine
- F. H. Auld (1881-1961), Canadian agricultural scientist and Saskatchewan's Deputy Minister of Agriculture
- Georgie Auld (1919-1990), Canadian-American jazz tenor saxophonist, clarinetist and bandleader
- James Alexander Charles Auld (born 1921), Canadian politician
- James Muir Auld (1879-1942), Australian artist
- Jim Auld, New Zealand rugby league player
- John Allan Auld (1853–1924), Canadian newspaper owner and politician
- Patrick Auld, Australian winemaker, father of W. P. Auld
- Robin Auld (born 1937), judge in the English Court of Appeal
- Robin Auld (musician) (born 1959), South African singer-songwriter, guitarist, poet and writer
- W. P. Auld (1840-1912),Australian explorer, wine maker and merchant
- William Auld (1924-2006), Scottish author and Esperanto leader
Other articles related to "auld":
... S Auld (Samuel Auld) was a Glasgow whistle maker, brass founder, and plumber active mostly during the late Victorian era in England, making whistles from c ...
1880s - Woodlane 54 ... Cowcaddens 1903 In 1907 Auld sold his whistle making tools, patents, stamps stock to J Hudson Co ... He also sold Hudson the right to use the name "S Auld" on whistles ... Auld was one of the four Glasgow whistle makers active at that time the others being Black Co ...
... Crutchley) but the dog loves a hired man on the farm called Auld Jock (Alex Mackenzie) ... When money grows scarce on the farm, Auld Jock is fired ... Auld Jock dies in poverty and is buried in Greyfriar's Kirkyard ...
... He is wary of the auld Matrons, sitting by the fire, but Annie says she never moves ... As soon as they're gone, auld Matrons wakes the sheriff with the news that his daughter's abed with a lover ... Willie curses auld Matrons ...
Famous quotes containing the word auld:
“But Ill do my best a gude wife ay to be,
For auld Robin Gray he is kind unto me.”
—Lady Anne Lindsay (17501825)
“For auld lang syne, by dear,
For auld lang syne,
Well tak a cup o kindness yet
For auld lang syne!”
—Robert Burns (17591796)
“Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?
Well tak a cup okindness yet,
For auld lang syne.”
—Robert Burns (17591796)