- Cabannes (Jean) - La diffusion moléculaire de la lumière - in participation with Yves Rocard, PUF, 1931.
- L'hydrodynamique et la théorie cinétique des gaz. Paris: Gauthier-Villars, 1932.
- Diffusion de la lumière et visibilité, projecteurs, feux, instruments d'observation. Paris, 1935.
- Propagation et absorption du son. Paris: Hermann, 1935.
- La stabilité de route des locomotives. Paris: Hermann, 1935.
- Les phénomènes d'auto-oscillation dans les installations hydrauliques. Paris: Hermann, 1937.
- Les Sourciers (Que sais-je, n° 1939, ISBN 2-13-043539-4).
- Théorie des oscillateurs. Paris, 1941.
- Dynamique générale des vibrations. Paris: Masson, 1951.
- L'instabilité en mécanique; automobiles, avions, ponts suspendus. Paris: Masson, 1954.
- Le signal du sourcier (Dunod 1962).
- Electricité. Paris: Masson, 1966.
- Thermodynamique. Paris: Masson, 1967
- Mémoires sans concessions. Paris: Grasset, 1988.
- La science et les sourciers; baguettes, pendules, biomagnétisme. Paris: (Dunod 1989, ISBN 2-10-002996-7)
|Date of birth||22 May 1903|
|Place of birth||Vannes|
|Date of death||16 March 1992|
|Place of death||Paris|
Read more about this topic: Yves Rocard
Other articles related to "works, work":
... The titles of many Baroque works make mention of the continuo section, such as J ... in modern performances, is harpsichord and cello for instrumental works and secular vocal works, such as operas, and organ for sacred music ... In addition, the mere composition of certain works seems to require certain kind of instruments (for instance, Vivaldi's Stabat Mater seems to require an ...
... The Works Progress Administration (renamed during 1939 as the Works Project Administration WPA) was the largest and most ambitious New Deal agency, employing millions of unskilled ... histories, artists painted murals and other works for new federal post offices and other buildings ...
... Unkraft, 1813, a recantation of his earlier work Martin Luther Kunigunde die Heilige, 1815 Geistliche Übungen für drei Tage, 1818 Die Mutter der Makkab ...
... Norman Rockwell was a prolific artist, producing over 4,000 original works in his lifetime ... Most of his works are either in public collections, or have been destroyed in fire or other misfortunes ... Scouts of America), were only slightly overshadowed by his most popular of calendar works the "Four Seasons" illustrations for Brown Bigelow that were published for 17 years beginning in 1947 and ...
... Krasicki's major works won European fame and were translated into Latin, French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian ... The broad reception of his works was sustained throughout the 19th century ... Krasicki has been the subject of works by poets of the Polish Enlightenment – Stanisław Trembecki, Franciszek Zabłocki, Wojciech Mier – and in the 20th century, by Konstanty Ildefons Gałczyński ...
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“Science is feasible when the variables are few and can be enumerated; when their combinations are distinct and clear. We are tending toward the condition of science and aspiring to do it. The artist works out his own formulas; the interest of science lies in the art of making science.”
—Paul Valéry (18711945)
“Most young black females learn to be suspicious and critical of feminist thinking long before they have any clear understanding of its theory and politics.... Without rigorously engaging feminist thought, they insist that racial separatism works best. This attitude is dangerous. It not only erases the reality of common female experience as a basis for academic study; it also constructs a framework in which differences cannot be examined comparatively.”
—bell hooks (b. c. 1955)
“The noble simplicity in the works of nature only too often originates in the noble shortsightedness of him who observes it.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)