In electrical engineering, a switch is an electrical component that can break an electrical circuit, interrupting the current or diverting it from one conductor to another.
Read more about Switch.
Some articles on switch:
... A relay is an electrically operated switch ... The analogue switch uses two MOSFET transistors in a transmission gate arrangement as a switch that works much like a relay, with some advantages and several limitations compared to an electromechanical relay ... a switching voltage regulator, such as a power supply unit, are used like a switch to alternately let power flow and block power from flowing ...
... A push switch is a momentary or non-latching switch which causes a temporary change in the state of an electrical circuit only while the switch is physically actuated ... An automatic mechanism (ie a spring) returns the switch to its default position immediately afterwards, restoring the initial circuit condition ... There are two types A push to make switch allows electricity to flow between its two contacts when held in ...
... The Sony timer or Sony kill switch is a rumored Switch for Failure inside Sony Products ... The real function switch suggests that the Sony Corporation installs a device in its electronics products which causes them to fail soon after their warranty expires, an (illegal) form of ...
... In electronics, a crossover switch or matrix switch is a switch connecting multiple inputs to multiple outputs using complex array matrices designed to ... A banyan switch is one type of cross-over switch ... Their complexity depends on the topology of the individual switches in a switch matrix (how wide it is by how many 'plies' or layers of switches it takes), to implement the desired crossover logic ...
5 episodes List of The X-Files episodes "Kill Switch" is the eleventh episode of the fifth season of the science fiction television series The X-Files ... "Kill Switch" earned a Nielsen household rating of 11.1, being watched by 18.04 million people in its initial broadcast ... "Kill Switch" was co-written by cyberpunk pioneers William Gibson and Tom Maddox ...
More definitions of "switch":
- (noun): A flexible implement used as an instrument of punishment.
- (noun): Hairpiece consisting of a tress of false hair; used by women to give shape to a coiffure.
- (verb): Cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation.
Example: "Switch on the light"
Synonyms: throw, flip
- (verb): Reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action).
Synonyms: interchange, tack, alternate, flip, flip-flop
- (verb): Flog with or as if with a flexible rod.
- (noun): Railroad track having two movable rails and necessary connections; used to turn a train from one track to another or to store rolling stock.
- (noun): An event in which one thing is substituted for another.
Synonyms: substitution, permutation, transposition, replacement
- (verb): Lay aside, abandon, or leave for another.
Example: "Switch to a different brand of beer"
Synonyms: shift, change
- (noun): Control consisting of a mechanical or electrical or electronic device for making or breaking or changing the connections in a circuit.
Synonyms: electric switch, electrical switch
- (noun): A basketball maneuver; two defensive players shift assignments so that each guards the player usually guarded by the other.
Famous quotes containing the word switch:
“Uncritical semantics is the myth of a museum in which the exhibits are meanings and the words are labels. To switch languages is to change the labels.”
—Willard Van Orman Quine (b. 1908)
“Children ... after a certain age do not welcome parental advice. Occasionally, they may listen to another adult, which is why perhaps people should switch children with their neighbors and friends for a while in the teen years!”
—Marian Wright Edelman (20th century)