Some articles on suit, suits:
... The tankini (also known as tanqueray) is a bathing suit combining a tank top, mostly made of spandex-and-cotton or Lycra-and-nylon, and a bikini bottom introduced ... is considered by some to provide modesty closer to a one piece suit with the convenience of a two piece suit, as the entire suit need not be removed in ...
... the wearer may be enclosed in a heavy fabric suit to protect them from joint pinch hazards ... the exoskeleton mechanics in a tough fabric suit separate from the user, which functions as a protective "skin" for the exoskeleton ... This enclosing suit around the exoskeleton can also protect the wearer from pinch hazards ...
... Scot Williams as Tom Tyrell David Smallbone as Green Suit John Warman as Green Suit Christopher Wilson as Green Suit ...
... Lawsuit or suit in law, an action brought before a court to recover a right or redress a grievance Suit (cards), one of four groups into which a deck of cards is divided (Informal) Someone in authority, such as ... "That'll cost ya a suit." ...
... A flight suit is a full body garment, worn while flying aircraft such as military airplanes, gliders and helicopters ... These suits are generally made to keep the wearer warm, as well as being practical (plenty of pockets), and durable (including fire retardant) ... A military flight suit may also show rank insignia ...
More definitions of "suit":
- (noun): A set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color.
Example: "They buried him in his best suit"
Synonyms: suit of clothes
- (noun): A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
Example: "The family brought suit against the landlord"
Synonyms: lawsuit, case, cause, causa
- (noun): A petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank.
- (noun): Playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color.
Example: "A flush is five cards in the same suit"; "in bridge you must follow suit"; "what suit is trumps?"
- (noun): A businessman dressed in a business suit.
Example: "All the suits care about is the bottom line"
- (verb): Accord or comport with.
Example: "This kind of behavior does not suit a young woman!"
Synonyms: befit, beseem
- (noun): A man's courting of a woman; seeking the affections of a woman (usually with the hope of marriage).
Synonyms: courtship, wooing, courting
- (verb): Be agreeable or acceptable.
Example: "This time suits me"
- (verb): Enhance the appearance of.
Example: "This behavior doesn't suit you!"
Famous quotes containing the word suit:
“Adriana. With what persuasion did he tempt thy love?
Luciana. With words that in an honest suit might move.
First he did praise my beauty, then my speech.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
I dont like you very well.
You dont suit my clothes or my cigarettes.
Why do you locate here
as large as a tank,
aiming at one half of a lifetime?”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)
Doesnt seem to suit her notion.”
—Sir William Schwenck Gilbert (18361911)