Seal commonly refers to:
Read more about Seal.
Some articles on seal:
... The Fairey Seal was a British carrier-borne spotter-reconnaissance aircraft, operated in the 1930s ... The Seal was derived - like the Gordon - from the IIIF ... To enable the Fairey Seal to be launched by catapult from warships, it was able to be equipped with floats ...
... Seal of the prophets, a title given to the Islamic prophet, Muhammad Seal script, ancient Chinese calligraphy Security seal, a device used to show whether ...
... In PAL regions, the seal is a circular starburst titled, "Original Nintendo Seal of Quality" ... Text near the seal in the Australian Wii manual states This seal is your assurance that Nintendo has reviewed this product and that it has met our standards for excellence ... Always look for this seal when buying games and accessories to ensure complete compatibility with your Nintendo product ...
... The striker sits forward against the seal pin, causing the cup seal to open enough to leak air from the valve, which escapes out the barrel ... the striker and remove the pressure from the seal pin ...
... "Wishing on a Star" Single by Seal from the album Soul 2 Released november 8th 2012 Format Digital single Genre R B, Soul Length 413 Label Reprise, Warner Bros ... Writer(s) Billie Rae Calvin Producer Trevor Horn Seal singles chronology "Let's Stay Together" (2011) "Wishing on a Star" (2011) In 2011, "Wishing on a Star" was covered by Nigerian-Brit ... Seal's version of the song was premiered on Ken Bruce's BBC Radio 2 show on October 13, 2011 ...
More definitions of "seal":
- (noun): Any of numerous marine mammals that come on shore to breed; chiefly of cold regions.
- (verb): Hunt seals.
- (verb): Make tight; secure against leakage.
Example: "Seal the windows"
Synonyms: seal off
- (verb): Cover with varnish.
- (noun): The pelt or fur (especially the underfur) of a seal.
Example: "A coat of seal"
- (noun): A device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents.
- (noun): Fastener that provides a tight and perfect closure.
- (verb): Close with or as if with a seal.
Example: "She sealed the letter with hot wax"
- (verb): Affix a seal to.
Example: "Seal the letter"
- (noun): A stamp affixed to a document (as to attest to its authenticity or to seal it).
Example: "The warrant bore the sheriff's seal"
- (noun): A member of a Naval Special Warfare unit who is trained for unconventional warfare.
Example: "SEAL is an acronym for Sea Air and Land"
Synonyms: Navy SEAL
- (noun): Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm; used for sealing documents and parcels and letters.
Synonyms: sealing wax
- (verb): Decide irrevocably.
Example: "Sealing dooms"
Famous quotes containing the word seal:
“We have progressively improved into a less spiritual species of tendernessbut the seal is not yet fixed though the wax is preparing for the impression.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“Dont forget that even our most obscene vices nearly always bear the seal of sullen greatness.”
—Gesualdo Bufalino (b. 1920)
“The denial of our duty to act in this case is a denial of our right to act; and if we have no right to act, then may we well be termed the white slaves of the North, for like our brethren in bonds, we must seal our lips in silence and despair.”
—Angelina Grimké (18051879)