Some articles on proof:
... In 1912, Helly published a proof of Hahn–Banach theorem, 15 years before Hahn and Banach discovered it independently ... The space C is infinite dimensional, and the general proof for the infinite dimensional case requires the axiom of choice or something equivalent, which didn't exist in 1912, so how did Helly prove it ...
... Proof released a solo album featuring collaborations with 50 Cent, Method Man, Nate Dogg, B-Real of Cypress Hill, T3 of Slum Village, Obie Trice, Eminem, and D12 ... Proof said that he did not produce the record with Shady Records or Aftermath because he wanted to "build his own thing" ... Proof has said that he considered Garcia to be a "genius" who suffered from common character flaws ...
... Ancient Age is a 36 month old bourbon, bottled at 80 proof Ancient Age 10 Star is aged 6 years and bottled at 90 proof Ancient Ancient Age is a 10-year-old whiskey and bottled at 86 proof The product line also ...
More definitions of "proof":
- (verb): Read for errors.
- (noun): A formal series of statements showing that if one thing is true something else necessarily follows from it.
- (noun): A trial photographic print from a negative.
- (adj): (used in combination or as a suffix) able to withstand.
Example: "Temptation-proof"; "childproof locks"
- (verb): Make resistant to water, sound, errors, etc..
Example: "Proof the materials against shrinking in the dryer"
- (verb): Activate by mixing with water and sometimes sugar or milk.
Example: "Proof yeast"
- (noun): The act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something.
Synonyms: validation, substantiation
- (noun): Any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something.
Example: "If you have any proof for what you say, now is the time to produce it"
Synonyms: cogent evidence
- (verb): Make or take a proof of, such as a photographic negative, an etching, or typeset.
- (noun): A measure of alcoholic strength expressed as an integer twice the percentage of alcohol present (by volume).
Famous quotes containing the word proof:
“War is a beastly business, it is true, but one proof we are human is our ability to learn, even from it, how better to exist.”
—M.F.K. Fisher (19081992)
“The thing with Catholicism, the same as all religions, is that it teaches what should be, which seems rather incorrect. This is what should be. Now, if youre taught to live up to a what should be that never existedonly an occult superstition, no proof of this should beMthen you can sit on a jury and indict easily, you can cast the first stone, you can burn Adolf Eichmann, like that!”
—Lenny Bruce (19251966)
“He who has never failed somewhere, that man can not be great. Failure is the true test of greatness. And if it be said, that continual success is a proof that a man wisely knows his powers,it is only to be added, that, in that case, he knows them to be small.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)