More definitions of "dope":
- (verb): Add impurities to (a semiconductor) in order to produce or modify its properties.
Example: "The resistors have been doped"
- (noun): Carbonated drink flavored with extract from Kola nuts ('dope' is a southernism in the United States).
- (verb): Take drugs to improve one's athletic performance.
- (noun): Slang terms for inside information.
Example: "Is that the straight dope?"
Synonyms: poop, the skinny, low-down
- (verb): Give a narcotic to.
Example: "The athletes were dope by the coach before the race"
Synonyms: dope up
Famous quotes containing the word dope:
“If you think dope is for kicks and for thrills, youre out of your mind. There are more kicks to be had in a good case of paralytic polio or by living in an iron lung. If you think you need stuff to play music or sing, youre crazy. It can fix you so you cant play nothing or sing nothing.”
—Billie Holiday (19151959)
“I was once a shameless, full-time dope fiend.”
—Gus Van Sant, U.S. screenwriter and director, and Dan Yost. Bob Hughes (Matt Dillon)