More definitions of "correspondence":
- (noun): (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact correspondence of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane.
Synonyms: symmetry, symmetricalness, balance
- (noun): The relation of correspondence in degree or size or amount.
Synonyms: commensurateness, proportionateness
- (noun): A function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set.
Synonyms: mapping, map
- (noun): Compatibility of observations.
Example: "The results of two tests were in correspondence"
- (noun): Communication by the exchange of letters.
- (noun): Similarity by virtue of correspondence.
Main Site Subjects