Some articles on colour, colours:
... Contrary to the yellow colour of Juiced Tropical, Juiced Berry has a dark red/purple colour, and its can is the same colour ...
1 July – The first scheduled colour television broadcasts from six transmitters covering the main population centres in England began on BBC2 for certain programmes, the first being live ... A full colour service (other than news programmes) began on BBC2 on 2 December ... The matches are also the first to be broadcast in colour ...
... Smooth Collies come in four colours sable (Lassie's colour can be light gold to deep mahogany) tricolour (black, with tan and white markings) and blue merle (silvery gray marbled with black, and tan markings ... An additional colour is white (these Collies are predominantly white, with heads and usually a body spot of sable, tri, or blue colour) ... The fourth colour is sable merle, which is a light stippled version of sable, sometimes (as with blue merle) accompanied by blue or merled (parti-coloured) eyes ...
... to light of long wavelengths, peaking at a reddish colour this type is sometimes designated L for long ... responds the most to light of medium-wavelength, peaking at a green colour, and is abbreviated M for medium ... most to short-wavelength light, of a bluish colour, and is designated S for short ...
... There are many named cultivars, selected for variation in flower colour and for different foliage colour and growing habits ... Different cultivars have flower colours ranging from white, through pink and a wide range of purples, and including reds ... are usually selected for reddish and golden leaf colour ...
More definitions of "colour":
- (noun): An outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading.
Synonyms: semblance, gloss, color
- (noun): (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction; each flavor of quarks comes in three colors.
- (noun): A visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect.
Synonyms: color, coloring, colouring
- (verb): Modify or bias.
- (noun): The appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation.
- (noun): A race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks).
Synonyms: color, people of color, people of colour
- (adj): Having or capable of producing colors.
Famous quotes containing the word colour:
“The poet is the supreme artist, for he is the master of colour and of form, and the real musician besides, and is lord over all life and all arts.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“The tears I shed
werent bitter things,
so ice-floes in spring
touched by the sun,
show colour of flowers.”
—Hilda Doolittle (18861961)
“O Paddy dear, an did ye hear the news thats goin round?
The shamrock is by law forbid to grow on Irish ground!
No more Saint Patricks Day well keep, his colour cant be seen,
For theres a cruel law agin the wearin o the Green!”
—Unknown. The Wearing of the Green (l. 3740)