As a surname:
- Augusta Webster (1837—1894), English poet, dramatist, essayist, and translator.
- Daniel Webster (1782—1852), American statesman, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, and U.S. Secretary of State
- Daniel Webster (Florida politician) (born 1949), former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
- John Webster (governor) (1590-1661), former governor and lieutenant governor of the Colony of Connecticut and progenitor of Noah Webster
- Noah Webster (1758-1843), an American known for creating Webster's Dictionary
- For other individuals with Webster as a last name, see Webster (surname)
As a given name:
- Webster Anderson, an American soldier and recipient of the Medal of Honor
- Webster Hubbell, an Arkansas lawyer and politician associated with Bill Clinton
- Webster Slaughter, a former American football player in the National Football League
- Webster Tarpley, an author, journalist, lecturer, and critic of US foreign and domestic policy
- Webster Young, an American jazz musician
Read more about this topic: Webster
Other articles related to "people":
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody, even ... I was a kid, no one would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... and the Owens Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64 ...
... On the day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“We seldom find people ungrateful so long as we are in a condition to render them service.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“No people ever lived by cursing their fathers, however great a curse their fathers might have been to them.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Its not catastrophes, murders, deaths, diseases, that age and kill us; its the way people look and laugh, and run up the steps of omnibuses.”
—Virginia Woolf (18821941)