Victor Sperandeo serves as the President and CEO of Alpha Financial Technologies, LLC (AFT), is a founding partner of EAM Partners L.P., and serves as the President and CEO of its general partner, EAM Corporation. Known as “Trader Vic”, Victor Sperandeo is a trader, index developer, and financial commentator based in Grapevine, Texas. He has over 45 years’ Wall Street experience trading both independently and for many notable investors such as George Soros and Leon Cooperman.
Mr. Sperandeo is widely regarded as an expert in commodities, particularly in the energy and metals sectors. His market crash prediction during the September 1987 Barron’s interview earned him great recognition and highlighted his deep understanding of financial markets.
In recent years, Mr. Sperandeo has become widely regarded for his futures market trading expertise and for developing futures-based indexes and trend-following strategies. These include both actively-managed strategies and rules-based algorithmic quantitative models designed with the aim of delivering consistent returns with minimal volatility over long-term periods. In addition, Mr. Sperandeo on behalf of the EAM Group of Companies manages several accounts and commodity pools for entities such as global investment banks HSBC, Nomura, and RBS, among others.
- Author of three books detailing his philosophy: Trader Vic — Methods of a Wall Street Master, Trader Vic II — Principles of Professional Speculation, and Trader Vic on Commodities: What’s Unknown, Misunderstood, and Too Good To Be True
- 2008 Inductee into the Trader Hall of Fame by Trader Magazine and included on Ziad Adelnour’s list of top 100 Wall Streeters
- Featured in the best-selling books New Market Wizards and Super Traders
- Twice profiled in Barron’s: “Man of all Markets” on May 2, 1983, and “Trader Vic the Ultimate Wall Street Pro” on September 21, 1987. He has also written articles and editorials for dozens of other publications, such as The Wall Street Journal and Stocks & Commodities
- Appearances on financial programs on CNBC, CNN, Fox and other networks
Other articles related to "victor sperandeo, sperandeo":
... Sperandeo has also authored articles and editorials for dozens of publications including Barron’s, The Wall Street Journal, Institutional Investor and many other professional magazines ...