Champhai is a border town in Mizoram state. Set on an altitude of 1678 metres, the town overlooks a patch of flat land which happens to be the largest plain area in the state and also commands a good view of the adjoining hill ranges of Myanmar from which the forefathers of the Mizos immigrated ages ago. Some of the more popular tourist spots near Champhai are:
- Murlen National Park is home to a rich variety of Flora and Fauna. About 15 species of mammals, 150 species of birds, 35 species of Medicinal plants. 2 species of bamboos & 4 species of orchids so far have been recorded in this Park.
- Mura Puk is situated in Zote village, which is 10 km away from Champhai town. There are six caves at this site and these were the hiding place of the local villagers.
- Rih dïl 27 Kilometers from Champhai near Zokhawthar in Myanmar is considered to be the passage of the souls to the eternal abode. The lake is around a kilometre long and 70 metres wide.
- Thasiama Seno Neihna is a plateau on a rugged hillock measuring around 7.20 sqmin near Vaphai village, which is 86 km away from Champhai.
- Fiara Tui is located about 65 km from Champhai and has its source in the Tan Tlang Mountain.
- Mizo Hlakungpui Mual- is a monument to commemorate Mizo poets. It was set up in 1986. It is located at the southern edge of Khawbung Village which is near Champhai.
- Lamsial Puk is located very close to Farkawn village in the district of Champhai of the Mizoram state. It is believed that a huge fight took place at this site between two villages, during which a large number of villagers were killed.
- Hnahlan is a grape growing area which is very close to Champhai with vineyards and beautiful climate.
- Zokhawthar is a trading town 28 km from Champhai on the border with Myanmar.
- Lianchhiari Tlangabout 56 km from Champhai is a rocky ledge over a high cliff near the village of Dungtlang.
- Tan Tlangis around 85 km from Champhai, it is 6356 ft above sea level located near Vaphai village
" LALRUANGA LUNG" is located in N.Khawbung Village ( Champhai district),N.khawbung is not far from Champhai town, around16 km from champhai. Champhai is 194 km from Aizawl. Lalruanga history is one of the interesting, excellent and famous in MIZO folktales. On this rock ( Lalruanga lung), Legendary Lalruanga's met his fateful end. ( 'Lalruanga' is a personal name, and 'Lung' means Stone/rock)
Other articles related to "champhai":
... service by Pawan Hans has been started which connects the Aizawl with Champhai ... The Distance between Champhai and Aizawl is 194 km and is connected with regular service of Bus and Jeeps ...
... The Government Champhai College, Champhai, Mizoram was established originally as a private college in 1971 by the philanthropists of Champhai town and neighboring villages ...
... LUNG" is located in N.Khawbung Village ( Champhai district),N.khawbung is not far from Champhai town, around16 km from champhai ... Champhai is 194 km from Aizawl ...
... Official website AI Aizawl Aizawl 339,812 3,577 95 http//aizawl.nic.in/ CH Champhai Champhai 101,389 3,168 32 http//champhai.nic.in/ KO Kolasib Kolasib 60,977 1,386 44 http//kolasib.nic.in/ LA ...