After originating near Piska/ Nagri, near Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand, the Subarnarekha traverses a long distance through RanchiSeraikela Kharsawan and East Singhbhum districts in the state. Thereafter it flows for shorter distances through Paschim Medinipur district in West Bengal for 83 kilometres (52 mi) and Balasore district of Odisha. There it flows for 79 kilometres (49 mi) and joins the Bay of Bengal near Talsari. The total length of the river is 470 kilometres (290 mi).
The basin of the Subarnarekha is smaller amongst the multi-state river basins in India. The rain-fed river covers a drainage area of 1.93 million hectares
Read more about this topic: Subarnarekha River
Other articles related to "course":
... Northeast of Soho, Back Creek is joined by another of its major tributaries, Tilhance Creek ... The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad mainline bridge crosses Back Creek before it flows past Allensville, where it finally empties into the Potomac River ...
Course can refer to:
- Course (navigation), the path of travel
- Course (sail), the principal sail on a mast of a sailing vessel
- Course (education), in the United States, a unit of instruction in one subject, lasting one academic term
- Course Atlas (education)
- Course catalog (education)
- Course of study, in the Commonwealth of Nations and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a programme of education leading to a degree or diploma
- Course of employment, a legal consideration of all circumstances which may occur in the performance of a person's job
- Course (medicine), a regime of medical drugs, or the speed of evolution of a disease
- Course (music), a pair or more of adjacent strings tuned to unison or an octave and played together to give a single note, in a stringed instrument
- Main course, the primary dish in a meal consisting of several courses
- Course (architecture), a continuous horizontal layer of similarly-sized building material, in a wall
- String course, a continuous narrow horizontal course or moulding which projects slightly from the surface of a wall
- Course (orienteering), a series of control points visited by orienteers during a competition, marked with red/white flags in the terrain, and corresponding purple symbols on the map
- Coursing is the pursuit of game or other animals by dogs
Course may also refer to:
- Golf course, an area of land designated for the play of golf
- Obstacle course, a series of challenging physical obstacles an individual or team must navigate for sport
... The Paulins Kill continues its course southwest, entering Warren County, where it initially forms the border between Frelinghuysen and Hardwick townships ... and 19th century, and continue to alter the course and flow of the river ...