Specialist frequently refers to an expert in a profession. It can also mean:
- Specialist (rank), a military rank
- Specialist degree, in academia
- "Specialist", a song by the band Interpol
- "The Specialist", the English translation of "Lo Sconosciuto", an Italian comics character
- Generalist and specialist species, a method of species categorization
- A market maker in a stock exchange
- Specialty (medicine)
- Payload Specialist, a Space Shuttle crew member selected for a single specific mission
- The Specialist, a 1994 action film
- Specialist, a military avionics, electrical & environmental, or engines expert
- American football special teams player who is either a return specialist or a kicking specialist.
- Specialist (short story), a science fiction short story by Robert Sheckley
- Specialist, one of the Belbin team roles
Other articles related to "specialist":
... Further reading Specialist on Marvel Database, a Marvel Comics wiki Specialist at the Comic Book DB The Specialist is a supervillain who appears in comics ... Within the context of the stories, the Specialist is an athletic man with no superhuman powers, an expert martial artist who is trained as a samurai warrior ... Born in Osaka, Japan in the late 21st Century, the Specialist worked for Tyler Stone as an assassin and field operative for the Stark/Fujikawa Corporation in the year 2099 ...
... Rhea Seddon (Mission Specialist) S ... David Griggs (Mission Specialist) Jeffrey A ... Hoffman (Mission Specialist) ...
... Until July 2012 the Specialist Response and Security Team (SRS) were a Police Tactical Group of the Australian Federal Police (AFP) having responsibility ... In July 2012 the SRS was merged with the ORG to create the Specialist Response Group ...
... whether it be a Squad Leader, Engineer, Weapons Specialist, Medic Specialist, or Comm (Communications) Specialist ...
Famous quotes containing the word specialist:
“... to a specialist his specialty is the whole of everything and if his specialty is in good order and it generally is then everything must be succeeding.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)
“As a thinker and planner, the ant is the equal of any savage race of men; as a self-educated specialist in several arts, she is the superior of any savage race of men; and in one or two high mental qualities she is above the reach of any man, savage or civilized.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“For what Harley Street specialist has time to understand the body, let alone the mind or both in combination, when he is a slave to thirteen thousand a year?”
—Virginia Woolf (18821941)