South Shore may refer to:
- South Shore (Montreal), Quebec, the region of the greater Montreal area on the south shore of the Saint Lawrence River
- South Shore (Nova Scotia), geographic region of Nova Scotia
- South Shore—St. Margaret's, the riding that covers that part of Nova Scotia
- South Shore, Blackpool
In the United States:
- South Shore, Alameda, California
- South Shore, Chicago, Illinois, a neighborhood
- Chicago South Shore & South Bend Railroad, freight rail line from Chicago, Illinois to South Bend, Indiana, USA
- South Shore, Kentucky, a city
- South Shore (Lake Superior), northern edge of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- South Shore (Long Island), southern edge of Long Island in New York state
- South Shore (Massachusetts), a region south of Boston
- South Shore (Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania, a neighborhood
- South Shore, South Dakota, a town
- South Shore, Staten Island, New York, a series of neighborhoods in New York City
- South Shore Lake Tahoe, towns on the southern perimeter of Lake Tahoe on the border between California and Nevada
- South Shore School District, Port Wing, Wisconsin
Other articles related to "south shore, south":
... Returning they followed the south shore of King William Island to a point they called Cape Hershel where the coast turned north, followed the south shore of Queen Maud Gulf and the south shore of Victoria ... Chantry Inlet to the Gulf of Boothia and the huge rectangular area north of the coast and south of the Parry Channel ...
... Ferries had operated from Newport to the south shore of Yaquina Bay since 1866 ... Hen, received a contract to run the ferry route to the south shore ...
... The nearby South Shore Middle School opened in 1973, but afterward enrollment at both schools declined ... The middle school students moved to South Shore ... In 1999, the alternative program moved to the South Shore building and became South Lake Alternative High School ...
... The South Shore Estuary is an estuary located along the south shore of Long Island, between the mainland and the outer barrier islands, in eastern New ...
Famous quotes containing the words shore and/or south:
“In the middle of the night, as indeed each time that we lay on the shore of a lake, we heard the voice of the loon, loud and distinct, from far over the lake. It is a very wild sound, quite in keeping with the place and the circumstances of the traveler, and very unlike the voice of a bird. I could lie awake for hours listening to it, it is so thrilling.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“We in the South were ready for reconciliation, to be accepted as equals, to rejoin the mainstream of American political life. This yearning for what might be called political redemption was a significant factor in my successful campaign.”
—Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter, Jr.)