Sensitivity may refer to:
- Sensitivity (human), the strength of physical or emotional reaction in people
- Sensitivity, the ability of an organism or organ to respond to external stimuli
- Sensitivity (control systems), variations in process dynamics and control systems
- Sensitivity (electronics)
- Sensitivity (explosives), the degree to which an explosive can be initiated by impact, heat or friction
- "Sensitivity" (song), a song by rhythm and blues singer Ralph Tresvant
- "Sensitivity" (Shapeshifters song), the fourth single from music group Shapeshifters
- Sensitivity and specificity, statistical measures of the performance of binary classification tests
- Allergic sensitivity, the strength of a reaction to an allergy
- Information sensitivity
- Sensitivity analysis
- Film speed, film's sensitivity to light
- "Sensitized", a song by Kylie Minogue from X
Other articles related to "sensitivity":
... is used in imaging as a physical measure of the sensitivity of a (digital or film) imaging system ... In turn, yielding the "sensitivity." Industry standards measure and define sensitivity in terms of the ISO film speed equivalent SNR32.04 dB = excellent ...
... have largely replaced blind biopsy due to their greater sensitivity and safety profile ... CT guided biopsy has a sensitivity of 87% compared to Abrams' needle biopsy, which has a sensitivity of 47% ...
... Sensitivity of this technology depends on the depth of the sequencing run (i.e ... If abundant binders in large genomes have to be mapped with high sensitivity, costs are high as an enormously high number of sequence tags will be required ... to ChIP-chip in which the costs are not correlated with sensitivity ...
... Sensitivity priority, often abbreviated Sv (for Sensitivity value) on a camera dial, and colloquially called "ISO priority", is a setting on Pentax cameras that allows the user to choose a specific Sensitivity (ISO ... be set manually in all modes, or (sometimes) set to auto, and thus sensitivity priority is equivalent to manual ISO and program mode, in both cases automatically selecting aperture and shutter ...
Famous quotes containing the word sensitivity:
“Freedom of choice for women, at the expense of the caring, warmth, and sensitivity to others so often associated with them, may be empty. In the thrust to redefine male and female roles, women must not become men; nor can men be permitted the continual dehumanization of their roles.”
—Kathleen Weibel (b. 1945)
“...some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, Go away, baldhead! Go away, baldhead!”
—Bible: Hebrew, 2 Kings 2:23.
Elisha--proving that baldness has been a source of sensitivity for centuries, Elisha cursed them and they died.
“The sensitivity of men to small matters, and their indifference to great ones, indicates a strange inversion.”
—Blaise Pascal (16231662)