Ripple is the more common name for a capillary wave in fluid dynamics. They can occur in nature or be produced in ripple tanks.
Ripple can also refer to:
- Ripple (charitable organisation), a non-profit click-to-donate internet site and search engine
- Ripple effect, the socio-educational phenomenon
- Ripple (electrical), residual unwanted variations following ac to dc conversion
- Frequency domain ripple, the ripple of a filter's insertion loss
- Capillary wave, a ripple along the interface of two fluids
- Polarization ripples, appearing after irradiation of a solid by energy flux (laser, ions...)
- Ripple marks, as identified in sediments and sedimentary rocks
- Ripple monetary system, an open-source software project for developing and implementing a protocol for an open decentralized payment network.
- USS Ripple, the name of more than one United States Navy ship
- Ripple was a well-known brand of Low-end fortified wine
Other articles related to "ripple":
... Ripple marks usually form in conditions with flowing water, in the lower part of the Lower Flow Regime ... There are two types of ripple marks Symmetrical ripple marks - Often found on beaches, they are created by a two way current, for example the waves on a beach (swas ... This creates ripple marks with pointed crests and rounded troughs, which aren't inclined more to a certain direction ...
... Coordinates 51°11′47″N 1°21′18″E / 51.1965°N 1.3550°E / 51.1965 1.3550 Ripple Ripple OS grid reference TR345465 District Dover Shire county Kent Region South East Country England Sovereign state ... It is also known as Ripple Vale ... novelist and Sinn Féin activist was also born in Ripple in 1844 ...
... using a BASIC-like language called RIPPLE ("Robot Instructional Programming Language") ... The RIPPLE language programs consist of logic commands, such as flow of control statements and action commands, that actually make the robot perform an action, such as fire a weapon ... An example RIPPLE program equip 435 ... LET h = 10 ... humanscan 20 ... IF range > 0 THEN GOSUB 30 ... IF YCOORD < 8 THEN GOSUB 40 ... swivel 10 50 ...
... The Yadkin Ripple is a weekly newspaper based in Yadkinville, North Carolina ... The Ripple, published on Thursdays, was purchased in June 2007 by Heartland Publications ...
... This ability is written Ripple X ... When a spell with ripple is cast, its controller may reveal the top X cards of his or her library ... If any of them have the same name as the spell with ripple that was cast, then he or she can cast those cards without paying their mana costs (this triggers their ripple abilities, so a player can ...
Famous quotes containing the word ripple:
“The pure serene of memory in one man,
A ripple widening from a single stone
Winding around the waters of the world.”
—Theodore Roethke (19081963)
“The forest waves, the morning breaks,
The pastures sleep, ripple the lakes,
Leaves twinkle, flowers like persons be
And life pulsates in rock or tree.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)