Some articles on represent:
... Twelve States, refers to an asterism which is represent twelve ancient states in the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period, consisting of χ Capricorni ... Consequently, χ Capricorni itself is represent the state Qi (齊), together with 112 Herculis in Left Wall of Heavenly Market Enclosure (asterism) ... R.H.Allen had opinion that χ Capricorni, together with φ Capricorni, were represent the state Wei (魏) ...
92.48% British Bangladeshi Muslims represent 16.35% of the British Muslim community and 0.46% of the UK population 259,712 Not Stated 5.83% 0.37% of the total number of non-correspondents ...
... similar Paleophragmodictya, and may represent the channels of the gastrovascular system (Fedonkin Cope 1985) ... Speculation that they may represent sponges (Gehling 1996) is not accepted by Sepkoski et al ... Fossil Rugoconites have been reported in clusters this may represent a social/colonial way of life, or simply accumulation by the action of currents, sea-floor processes, or possibly preservational ...
... guys should have an attorney, too" and proceeded to help represent a series of artists including The Association, Captain Beefheart, Hot Tuna, Janis Joplin, New Riders of the Purple Sage ... He turned down an opportunity to represent The Doors after the group demanded that he only represent them ...
... Infilled casts which may represent the spaces formerly occupied by "roots" of Prototaxites are common in early Devonian strata ... It is probable that the preserved "trunks" represent the fruiting body, or "sporophore", of a fungus, which would have been fuelled by a mycelium, a net of dispersed filaments ("hyphae") ... has led to suggestions that the latter may represent leaves of Prototaxites ...
More definitions of "represent":
- (verb): Be characteristic of.
- (verb): Bring forward and present to the mind.
Example: "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
Synonyms: present, lay out
- (verb): Serve as a means of expressing something.
Example: "The flower represents a young girl"
- (verb): Describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality.
Example: "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
- (verb): Be representative or typical for.
Example: "This period is represented by Beethoven"
- (verb): Create an image or likeness of.
- (verb): To establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets).
- (verb): Be the defense counsel for someone in a trial.
Example: "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- (verb): Point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance.
Example: "Our parents represented to us the need for more caution"
- (verb): Be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute.
Example: "I represent the silent majority"; "This actor is a spokesperson for the National Rifle Association"
- (verb): Express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol.
Synonyms: typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for
Famous quotes containing the word represent:
“I rejoice that there are owls.... They represent the stark twilight and unsatisfied thoughts which all have.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“I would gladly chastise those who represent things as different from what they are. Those who steal property or make counterfeit money are punished, and those ought to be still more severely dealt with who steal away or falsify the good name of a prince.”
—Elizabeth I (15331603)
“I consider it useless and tedious to represent what exists, because nothing that exists satisfies me. Nature is ugly, and I prefer the monsters of my fancy to what is positively trivial.”
—Charles Baudelaire (18211867)