Rally refers to a gathering, as in:
- Political rally, a demonstration, march, or parade
- Pep rally, an event held at a United States school or college sporting event
Rally as a sports term can also refer to:
- Rallying, a category of motorsport
- Rally (tennis), a sequence of shots in tennis
- Rally obedience (also rally-O), a dog sport
- Rally point system, the system of scoring points in volleyball
Rally can also refer to:
- Rally's, another brand of the American fast-food restaurant chain Checkers
- Rally Software, an Agile project management software and coaching/training company based in the USA
- Windows Rally, a network simplification technology produced by Microsoft
- Rally (stock market), a sudden, significant rise in the price of an individual security or in the market as a whole
- Rally, a military term that describes when a demoralized military unit, usually retreating in disorder, is re-invigorated and turns back to active resistance.
- Rotec Rally, ultralight aircraft
Other articles related to "rally":
... Rally America was founded in 2002 by CPD Rally Team owner Doug Havir, who provided scoring and reporting services to the Sports Car Club of America's ProRally Championship ... SCCA then made the decision to sell all commercial and sanctioning rights to Rally America ... In 2005, the inaugural Rally America National Championship was run, incorporating most of the events previously sanctioned by the SCCA ...
... March 20 Shanghai Rally Race April 12 China Renault Formula Race, Zhuhai, 2nd place June 8 Malaysia PORSCHE GT3 CUP July 17 ChangChun Rally Race, 8th place August 19 China Rally ...
... The Congolese Rally for Democracy, sometimes Rally for Congolese Democracy, was a rebel group operating in the eastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) ...
... The 1986 World Rally Championship season was the 14th season of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) World Rally Championship (WRC) ... of the previous season as well as the addition of the Olympus Rally ... the WRC to the United States and North America, as well as the first world rally to be held on the western side of the continent ...
Famous quotes containing the word rally:
“All the critics who could not make their reputations by discovering you are hoping to make them by predicting hopefully your approaching impotence, failure and general drying up of natural juices. Not a one will wish you luck or hope that you will keep on writing unless you have political affiliations in which case these will rally around and speak of you and Homer, Balzac, Zola and Link Steffens.”
—Ernest Hemingway (18991961)
“I ... once witnessed more ardent emotions between men at an Elks Rally in Pasadena than they could ever have felt for the type of woman available to an Elk.”
—Anita Loos (18881981)
“The bright old day now dawns again; the cry runs through the the land,
In England there shall be dear breadin Ireland, sword and brand;
And poverty, and ignorance, shall swell the rich and grand,
So, rally round the rulers with the gentle iron hand,
Of the fine old English Tory days;
Hail to the coming time!”
—Charles Dickens (18121870)