PIN may be an abbreviation for:
- Personal identification number, a password used to access an automated teller machine or other secured system
- Blackberry PIN, an eight character hexadecimal identification number assigned to a BlackBerry device
- People In Need (disambiguation) (PIN), various NGOs and charities
- Person In Need of Supervision (PINS), a truant in family court
- PIN diode (p-type, intrinsic, n-type diode), a type of a semiconductor diode
- PIN Group, a German courier and postal services company
- Postal Index Number, used in India, often called a PIN code
- Posterior interosseous nerve, a nerve in the forearm
- Progressive inflammatory neuropathy, a type of neuropathy that causes acute paralysis, weakness, and numbness
- Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia, a microscopic lesion in the prostate which is thought to be a precursor to prostate cancer
Other articles related to "pin, pins":
... flaw that makes brute-force attacks against PIN-based WPS feasible to perform on WPS-enabled Wi-Fi networks ... acknowledgement messages sent between the registrar and enrollee when attempting to validate a PIN ... The PIN is an eight digit number used to add new WPA enrolees to the network ...
... Pin Oak is an unincorporated community in Hampshire County in the U.S ... Pin Oak is located along West Virginia Route 29 between Paw Paw and Forks of Cacapon ... Pin Oak is roughly centered at the intersection of Pin Oak Road (West Virginia Secondary Route 29/3) and Cabin Run Road (West Virginia Secondary Route 29/4) with West ...
... OPGA Organic Pin Grid Array FCPGA Flip-chip Pin Grid Array PAC Pin Array Cartridge PGA Pin grid array (also known as PPGA) CPGA Ceramic Pin Grid Array ...
... bank to discover Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) by exploiting a design flaw in the Hardware Security Module used to protect the PIN ... PINs for payment cards are usually generated by encrypting the card number under a secret key held securely by the issuing bank ... A decimalization table is then used to convert this value to a PIN with digits in the range 0 to 9, for instance mapping A to 0, B to 1, etc ...
Famous quotes containing the word pin:
“Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because its the answer to everything. To Why am I here? To uselessness. Its the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if its a cactus.”
—Enid Bagnold (18891981)
“Suddenly we have a baby who poops and cries, and we are trying to calm, clean up, and pin things together all at once. Then as fast as we learn to copeso soonit is hard to recall why diapers ever seemed so important. The frontiers change, and now perhaps we have a teenager we cant reach.”
—Polly Berrien Berends (20th century)
“A man is a beggar who only lives to the useful, and, however he may serve as a pin or rivet in the social machine, cannot be said to have arrived at self-possession.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)