Conductor or conduction may refer to:
- Electrical conductor, a material allowing the flow of electric charge
- Electrical conduction, the movement of charged particles through an electrical conductor
- Fast ion conductor, a solid-state electrical conductor which conducts due to the movement of ions
- Conduction (heat), the transfer of thermal energy through matter
- Electrical conduction system of the heart
- Conductor, a person who leads a musical ensemble by way of visible gestures known as conducting
- Conductor (album), an album by indie rock band The Comas
- Conduction, a type of structured free improvisation in music notably practiced by Butch Morris
- Conductor (transportation), a person who sells and checks tickets on a bus, train, etc.
- Conductor (architecture), a traditional name for a downspout
- Conductor (Army), a senior Warrant Officer appointment in the Royal Logistic Corps and its predecessors
- Conductor (underground railroad), an operative of the Underground Railroad of the 19th century United States helping move slaves to freedom
- Mr. Conductor, a character in Shining Time Station and in Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Conductor (ring theory), an ideal of a ring that measures how far it is from being integrally closed
- Conductor of an abelian variety, a description of its bad reduction
- Conductor of a Dirichlet character, the natural (smallest) modulus for a character
- Conductor (class field theory), a modulus describing the ramification in an abelian extension of local or global fields
- Artin conductor, an ideal or number associated to a representation of a Galois group of a local or global field
- In the theory of numerical semigroups, the conductor of a numerical semigroup (also called the Frobenius number of the semigroup) is the greatest integer not in the semigroup.
Other articles related to "conductor":
... born 23 September 1972) is a Russian-American conductor and pianist who is the conductor laureate of the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia and the principal guest conductor of the Moscow Symphony Orchestra ...
... Graham Sutcliffe, a long term UK resident in Vietnam is the orchestra's Resident Conductor, Colin Metters serves as Guest Conductor, and Tetsuji Honna is Music Advisor and Conductor ...
1888 – June 16, 1957) was a Hungarian-born American composer and conductor ... joining the Detroit Symphony in 1920 as an assistant conductor ...
1993 Trumpet Concertos - (with English Chamber Orchestra and conductor Jeffrey Tate) 1994 Popular Pieces for Trumpet Organ - (with Wayne Marshall on organ) 1995 Shostakovich ...
Famous quotes containing the word conductor:
“I was the conductor of the Underground Railroad for eight years, and I can say what most conductors cant sayI never ran my train off the track and I never lost a passenger.”
—Harriet Tubman (18211913)