Peer may refer to:
- People who are equal in such respects as age, education or social class etc., as in peer group
- A member of the peerage, a system of honours or nobility in various countries
- A variant of Peter (name) in Scandinavian languages and Dutch
- Partnership for European Environmental Research, a network of seven European environmental research centres
- Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, an organization of anonymous public employees promoting environmental responsibility
- Partnership for Economics Education and Research
- Peer, Belgium
- Peer Gynt, a play; and character by Henrik Ibsen
- Peer Leadership Program, an organization that promotes team building and easing school transitions
- Peer-to-peer computer network, (a participant of), in which participants act as both client and server
- a network entity with which one performs peering operations
- Shahar Pe'er, an Israeli professional tennis player
Other articles related to "peer":
... Peer 1 Hosting provides Internet hosting services that include managed hosting, dedicated servers, colocation, and cloud computing ... Notable Peer 1 Hosting customers include Plenty of Fish, Virgin Gaming and Wordpress.com, and former customers included Club Penguin, since acquired ...
... is an online open access scientific journal that publishes original, peer-reviewed research papers and hypotheses in biology ... The journal follows a peer review system which is different from the traditional peer review system ... an alternative to the traditional model of peer review ...
... Climate data for Peer Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year Average high °C (°F) 5.5 (41.9) 6.6 (43.9) 10.4 (50.7) 14.0 (57.2) 18.8 (65.8) 21.1 (70.0) 23.4 (74.1) 23.5 (74.3) 19.6 (67.3) 14.9. 135 ... Source World Meteorological Organisation (UN) Peer has in the summer quite a nice temperature, around 20 degrees celsius ...
... In 2004, Peer 1 Hosting acquired ServerBeach, a dedicated hosting provider located in San Antonio, Texas, for $US 7.5 million in cash, a management services contract, and ... had been started by Richard Yoo, who had served as the CEO of Peer 1 Hosting competitor Rackspace, who returned to RackSpace after the acquisition ... Through the ServerBeach acquisition, Peer 1 Hosting served as the hosting provider for well-known video hosting company, YouTube, which began leasing two servers in the Peer 1 Hosting San Antonio, Texas data center ...
... Peer Nielson (sometimes shown as Peer Noorbohm, born June 25, 1942) is a Danish sprint canoer who competed in the early 1960s ...
Famous quotes containing the word peer:
“We often overestimate the influence of a peer group on our teenager. While the peer group is most influential in matters of taste and preference, we parents are most influential in more abiding matters of standards, beliefs, and values.”
—David Elkind (20th century)
“The Peer now spreads the glittring Forfex wide,
Tinclose the Lock; now joins it, to divide.”
—Alexander Pope (16881744)
“Most literature on the culture of adolescence focuses on peer pressure as a negative force. Warnings about the wrong crowd read like tornado alerts in parent manuals. . . . It is a relative term that means different things in different places. In Fort Wayne, for example, the wrong crowd meant hanging out with liberal Democrats. In Connecticut, it meant kids who werent planning to get a Ph.D. from Yale.”
—Mary Kay Blakely (20th century)