- three copies of the compendium, in two volumes each:
- German version: Saxon state library, Dresden, Mscr. Dresd. C 93/94, after 1542, two volumes, 244+328 folia.
- Latin version: Bavarian state library, München cod. icon 393, after 1542, two volumes, 309+303 folia. This is the most luxurious production of Mair's, and he sold it to duke Albert V. of Bavaria, allegedly for the enormous sum of 800 fl., in 1567 (
- online facsimiles: De arte athletica Tome I, De arte athletica Tome II, daten.digitale-sammlungen.de
- bilingual Latin-German version: Austrian national library, Vienna, Codex Vindobensis 10825/26 after 1542, two volumes, 270+343 folia.
- online facsimiles: microfilm scans (thearma.org)
- Jörg Breu Sketchbook (Cod.I.6.2°.4), Augsburg city archive, Schätze B2 Reichsstadt, 1553, 110 folia, illustrated by Heinrich Vogtherr, based material acquired from Anthon Rast of Nürnberg (d. 1549).
- online facsimile: media.bibliothek.uni-augsburg.de, gesellschaft-lichtenawers.eu
Read more about this topic: Paulus Hector Mair
Other articles related to "manuscripts, manuscript":
... The text also survives in several manuscripts, the most noteworthy being MS ... That manuscript features, as a Prologue, a dialogue between Apollo and Diana not included in the printed text it also provides the identities of the courtly ladies ...
... The Rare Book Manuscript Library has eleven units Bakhmeteff Archive of Russian and East European Culture, preserves and documents the heritage of Russian and East European émigrés ... Manuscripts, Papers, and Records the University’s principal repository for primary resources ... Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Oral History Research Office Papyri and Ostraca Rare Books, cares for printed books, ancient writing surfaces, other codex ...
... He also catalogued Mendoza's collection of Greek manuscripts ... Working with manuscripts found in Mendoza's substantial library, he produced in 1544 the first printed Greek version of the works of Josephus ... Torrentino and obtained books and manuscripts for Johann Jakob Fugger ...
... Hermann, Freiherr von Soden published a complex cataloging system for manuscripts in 1902-10 ... He grouped the manuscripts based on content, assigning them a Greek prefix δ for the complete New Testament, ε for the Gospels, and α for the remaining parts ... This grouping, however, was flawed because some manuscripts grouped in δ did not contain Revelation, and many manuscripts grouped in α contained either the general epistles or the Pauline ...
... New Testament in 1516, basing his work on several manuscripts because he did not have a single complete work and because each manuscript had small errors ... was one of the first biblical scholars to start cataloging biblical manuscripts ... He divided the manuscripts based on the writing used (uncial, minuscule) or format (lectionaries) and based on content (Gospels, Pauline letters, Acts ...
Famous quotes containing the word manuscripts:
“Anyone who has invented a better mousetrap, or the contemporary equivalent, can expect to be harassed by strangers demanding that you read their unpublished manuscripts or undergo the humiliation of public speaking, usually on remote Midwestern campuses.”
—Barbara Ehrenreich (b. 1941)