Linking an object or a location to the Internet is a more involved process than linking two web pages. An object hyperlinking system requires seven components -
- A virtual or physical object tag to identify objects and locations. Some tagging systems are described below. To allow the object tags to be located they must be physically embedded in visual markers. For example, the Yellow arrow scheme prints SMS tags on large adhesive yellow arrows, which can then be stuck on buildings etc.
- A means of reading physical tags, or locating virtual tags.
- A mobile device such as a mobile telephone, a PDA or a portable computer.
- Additional software for the mobile device.
- A commonly open wireless network, such as the existing 2G and 3G networks, for communication between the portable device and the server containing the information linked to the tagged object.
- Information on each linked object. This information could be in existing WWW pages, existing databases of price information etc., or have been specially created.
- A display to view the information on the linked object. At the present time this is most likely to be the screen of a mobile telephone.
Read more about this topic: Object Hyperlinking
Other articles related to "system components, components, systems, system, component":
... The transmitting station has two components, consisting of a high speed Internet connection to serve many customers at once, and the satellite uplink to broadcast requested data to the ... As with one-way receive systems, data sent over the satellite link is generally also encrypted, as otherwise it would be accessible to anyone with a satellite receiver ...
... HC block in the air intake system Hydrocarbon escape via the intake system is prevented due to the use of an additional carbon filter incorporated in the air filter housing and a "closed" throttle valve ... Fuel system components All metal fuel system components (fuel rail, injectors, tank ventilation valve, etc.) are made of stainless steel and are ... Fuel tank and tank ventilation system The fuel tank, tank filler neck and evaporative canister are made of stainless steel ...
... Compositional structure diagrams depict the static structure of a system, and the relationships between system components ... System components can be active or passive ... Agents are active system components ...
... ARES PCB Layout - PCB design system with automatic component placer, rip-up and retry auto-router and interactive design rule checking ... VSM - Virtual System Modelling lets cosimulate embedded software for popular micro-controllers alongside hardware design ... System Benefits Integrated package with common user interface and fully context sensitive help ...
Famous quotes containing the words components and/or system:
“Hence, a generative grammar must be a system of rules that can iterate to generate an indefinitely large number of structures. This system of rules can be analyzed into the three major components of a generative grammar: the syntactic, phonological, and semantic components.”
—Noam Chomsky (b. 1928)
“New York is more now than the sum of its people and buildings. It makes sense only as a mechanical intelligence, a transporter system for the daily absorbing and nightly redeploying of the human multitudes whose services it requires.”
—Peter Conrad (b. 1948)