Noble may refer to:
- Nobility, a hereditary caste
- Noble gas, chemical elements in group 18 (old-style Group 0) of the periodic table
- Noble metal, metals that are resistant to corrosion or oxidation
- Noble polyhedron, polyhedra which are isohedral (face-transitive) and isogonal (vertex-transitive)
- Noble (English coin), a medieval gold coin
- Noble (Manx coin), a platinum bullion coin
- Noble and Greenough School, a private boarding and day school in Massachusetts
- Noble (album), the debut album of Versailles
Other articles related to "noble":
... Keri Noble (born 1975) is an American singer-songwriter born in Fort Worth, Texas and raised in Detroit ... Her father was a Baptist minister, and Noble sang in church as a child ... In 2008 Noble signed with Telarc Records in the United States and released a full-length album (self titled) in February, 2009 ...
... Noble is a small unincorporated community in Ozark County, Missouri ... Barren Fork Bayou I Bayou II Big Creek Bridges Dawt Jackson Jasper Lick Creek Longrun Noble Nottinghill Pine Creek Pontiac Richland Spring Creek Thornfield West Bridges Unincorporated communities Almartha ...
Famous quotes containing the word noble:
“War was then no longer this noble and unified outburst of souls in love with glory that he had imagined from Napoleons proclamations.”
—Stendhal [Marie Henri Beyle] (17831842)
“Upon Saint Crispins day
Fought was this noble fray,
Which fame did not delay
To England to carry.
On when shall Englishmen
With such acts fill a pen,
Or England breed again
Such a King Harry?”
—Michael Drayton (15631631)
“Peter is poor, said noble Paul,
And I have always been his friend:
And, though my means to give are small,
At least I can afford to lend.
How few, in this cold age of greed,
Do good, except on selfish grounds!
But I can feel for Peters need,
And I WILL LEND HIM FIFTY POUNDS!”
—Lewis Carroll [Charles Lutwidge Dodgson] (18321898)