- Mount (grappling), a grappling position
- Mountain, a landform
- Copulation, the union of the sex organs in mating
- Riding animal, any animal that can be ridden
- Vahana, also called a mount, an animal or mythical entity closely associated with a particular deity in Hindu mythology
- Boarding an apparatus used for gymnastics, such as a balance beam
- Adding butter to a sauce in order to thicken it, as with beurre monté
Read more about this topic: Mount
Other articles related to "meaning, meanings":
... interest in processes of audience meaning-making, the scholarly discussion about ‘readings’ has leaned on two sets of polar opposites that have been invoked to explain ... if a TV programme triggers a diversity of meanings in different audience groups, this programme can then be called ‘polysemic’, and the actualized meanings ‘oppositional’ ...
... culture-specific and can convey very different meanings in different social or cultural settings ... one place to another, most gestures do not have invariable or universal meanings but connote specific meanings in particular cultures ...
... Shen- synonyms meaning "mirage" include shenlou 蜃樓 (with "multi-storied building", Schafer's 1989396 "clam castle" or "high house of the clam-monsters"), shenqi 蜃氣 (with qi "bre ...
Famous quotes containing the word meanings:
“Our mother gives us our earliest lessons in loveand its partner, hate. Our fatherour second otherMelaborates on them. Offering us an alternative to the mother-baby relationship . . . presenting a masculine model which can supplement and contrast with the feminine. And providing us with further and perhaps quite different meanings of lovable and loving and being loved.”
—Judith Viorst (20th century)
“Well, slithy means lithe and slimy. Lithe is the same as active. You see, its like a portmanteauthere are two meanings packed up into one word.”
—Lewis Carroll [Charles Lutwidge Dodgson] (18321898)