Mortality is the state of being mortal, or susceptible to death; the opposite of immortality.
It may also refer to:
- Mortality rate, a measure of the number of deaths in a given population
- Case mortality rate, a measure of the number of deaths among a set of diagnosed hospital illness or injury cases
- Mortality displacement, denotes a (forward) temporal shift in the rate of mortality
- Mortality drag, a term to describe a negative impact that is experienced when an annuity purchase is delayed
- Mortality (band), a thrash metal band from Sydney, Australia
- Mortality (computability theory), a property of a Turing machine if it halts when run on any starting configuration
- Mortality, differential attrition between groups in a scientific study
- Mortality (book), a 2012 collection of essays by Anglo-American writer Christopher Hitchens
Mortal may refer to:
- Human, as distinct from a supernatural being
- Mortal (band), a Christian industrial band
- Mortal Kombat, a fighting game series
Other articles related to "mortality":
... SMA syndrome is estimated to have a mortality rate of 1 in 3 ... Delay in the diagnosis of SMA syndrome can result in fatal catabolysis (advanced malnutrition), dehydration, oliguria, electrolyte abnormalities, hypokalemia, acute gastric rupture or intestinal perforation (from prolonged mesenteric ischemia), gastrectasia, spontaneous upper gastrointestinal bleeding, hypovolemic shock, aspiration pneumonia, or sudden cardiovascular collapse (from increased velocity of bloodflow in the SMA due to the reduced mesenteric angle) ...
... investigated high rates of infant and maternal mortality rates ... infant mortality rate was 111.2 deaths per 1000 live births, a rate that was higher than most other industrialized countries ...
... A strong inverse correlation between early life intelligence and mortality has been shown across different populations, in different countries, and in different epochs." Various explanations for ... that may partly explain their lower mortality risk ... study of 4,289 former US soldiers showed a similar relationship between IQ and mortality ...
... The following is the list of infant mortality by states of Mexico, it included all infants under the age of four ... Mexican States by Infant Mortality (2006, Total) Number State Infant mortality (Total) 1 Aguascalientes 2 ... Baja California 3 ... Baja California Sur 26 4 ...
Famous quotes containing the word mortality:
“Antiquity breached mortality with myths.
Narcissus is vocabulary. Hermes decorates
A cornice on the Third National Bank.”
—Allen Tate (18991979)