- Ailsa Mellon Bruce (1901–1969), daughter of Andrew William Mellon, philanthropist
- Alfred Mellon (1820 – 24 March 1867), British composer and conductor
- Andrew W. Mellon (1855–1937), one of the longest serving U.S. Treasury Secretaries in history
- Christopher Mellon (born 1958), U.S. former politician and businessman
- Micky Mellon (born 1972), Scottish footballer
- Niall Mellon (born 1967), Irish philanthropist
- Paul Mellon (1907–1999), son of Andrew William Mellon, philanthropist
- Rachel Mellon Walton (1899–2006)
- Richard B. Mellon (1858–1933), American banker, industrialist and philanthropist
- Richard King Mellon (1899–1970), American financier
- Sarah Mellon (1903–1965), heiress
- Thomas Mellon (1813–1908), Scots-Irish-American entrepreneur, lawyer, judge, founder of Mellon Bank, and patriarch of the Mellon family
- Timothy Mellon, entrepreneur, founder of Guilford Transportation Industries
- William Larimer Mellon, Sr. (1868–1949), entrepreneur
- William Larimer Mellon, Jr. (1910–1989), a.k.a. Larry Mellon, philanthropist
- Mellon family, influential family originally of Pennsylvania, USA; of Mellon Bank
Read more about this topic: Mellon
Other articles related to "people":
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody ... When I was a kid, no one would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... Arnold Schwarzenegger said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko ...
... Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3 ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“The appeal of the New Right is simply that it seems to promise that nothing will change in the domestic realm. People are terrified of change there, because its the last humanizing force left in society, and they think, correctly, that it must be retained.”
—Gerda Lerner (b. 1920)
“Most people die from the remedy rather than from the illness.”
—Molière [Jean Baptiste Poquelin] (16221673)
“It was a weak spot in any nation to have a large body of disaffected people within its confusion.”
—Zora Neale Hurston (18911960)