- HH Prince Talal Arslan, Druze leader and current Head of the House of Arslan. Founder and President of the Lebanese Democratic Party.
- Raya Haffar al-Hassan, Lebanese finance minister
- Henrique Valle, Deputy Ambassador of Brazil to the United Nations
- Elizabeth Ogbon (1977), first female ambassador of Nigeria to West Germany and the Philippines
- Jose Abad Santos (1909), Chief Justice of the Philippine Supreme Court
- Omar Ayub Khan (BA, MBA) former Pakistani Minister of State for Finance. His father, Gohar Ayub Khan, is the former Foreign Minister of Pakistan and his grandfather, Field Marshal Muhammad Ayub Khan, was the president of Pakistan from 1958–1969.
- Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (MSc) Pakistani Federal Minister for Commerce; CEO of Airblue
- Kenkichi Kodera (1900, 1901), key Japanese pan-Asianist writer; expert on Western law; mayor of Kobe
- S. M. Krishna, current Minister of External Affairs of India, former Chief Minister of Karnataka and Governor of Maharashtra
Other articles related to "officials, official":
... were complete at the time of its announcement, bank officials indicated it would rise at least 40 stories ... On March 18, 1971, bank officials unveiled the final design as a 42-story, 601-foot (183 m) skyscraper, encompassing an entire block fronting on East Wisconsin Avenue ... In addition to bank officials, mayor Henry Maier, county executive John Doyne and Wisconsin governor Patrick Lucey were in attendance for the ceremony ...
... with black identifying hats, while all other officials continued to wear white hats ... For the first time, each official's position was identified on his shirt ... The numbering system for officials was altered, with officials numbered separately by position rather than as an entire group, making duplicate numbers among officials common ...
... The RFL still employs part-time officials to supplement the full-time referees in the Super League and to be touch/in-goal judges in the Super League ...
... While federal officials wanted an airfield site that would not be prone to flooding, Cincinnati officials hoped to build Lunken into the premier airport of the region ... A coalition of officials from Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties in Kentucky took advantage of Cincinnati's short-sightedness and lobbied Congress to ... Boone County officials offered a suitable site on the provision that Kenton County paid the acquisition cost ...
... of financial and employment history of public officials and their immediate family ... It also created restrictions on lobbying efforts by public officials for a set period after leaving public office ... Counsel, tasked with investigating government officials ...
Famous quotes containing the word officials:
“The conflict between the men who make and the men who report the news is as old as time. News may be true, but it is not truth, and reporters and officials seldom see it the same way.... In the old days, the reporters or couriers of bad news were often put to the gallows; now they are given the Pulitzer Prize, but the conflict goes on.”
—James Reston (b. 1909)
“To name oneself is the first act of both the poet and the revolutionary. When we take away the right to an individual name, we symbolically take away the right to be an individual. Immigration officials did this to refugees; husbands routinely do it to wives.”
—Erica Jong (b. 1942)
“The ordinary man is an anarchist. He wants to do as he likes. He may want his neighbour to be governed, but he himself doesnt want to be governed. He is mortally afraid of government officials and policemen.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)