Lift may mean:
- Lift (force), a mechanical force generated by an object moving through a fluid
- Lift (soaring), rising air used by soaring birds and glider, hang glider and paraglider pilots for soaring flight
- Lift (soft drink), a brand of carbonated beverage produced and marketed by the Coca-Cola Company
- Lift (data mining), a measure of the performance of a model at segmenting the population
- Airlift, in logistics, the act of transporting people or cargo from point to point using aircraft
- Figure skating lifts, movements in pair skating and ice dancing
- Hitchhiking, a form of transport in which the traveller tries to get a lift (or ride) from another traveller
- Plastic surgery, surgery to "lift" the skin:
- Rhytidectomy or "face lift", a type of plastic surgery
- Mastopexy or "breast lift", a type of plastic surgery
Other articles related to "lift, lifts":
... An axel lift in pair skating is a movement in which the woman is turned over her partner's head one and a half times ... From a position of holding hands on one side, her partner lifts her with his hand under her armpit and the lift begins from the woman's outside forward edge and ends on the outside backward edge of ...
... the formats and track listings of major single releases of "Lift Me Up" ... UK CD1/European CD2 "Lift Me Up" - 352 "Lift Me Up" - 357 "Lift Me Up" - 324 "Lift Me Up" - 802 UK CD2/European CD1 "Lift Me Up" - 352 "Live and Let Die" - 310 "V ...
... Press lift The skaters skate facing each other, with the man skating backwards ... They clasp hands and the man pushes forward and up, "pressing" her into the lift ... Hand to hand loop lift The skaters are facing in the same direction ...
... Lift (web framework), a Web application framework for Scala, which runs on the Java Virtual Machine Lift Conference, a conference about the challenges and opportunities of technology in society Lift, a ...
... Unlike dance lifts, pair lifts are typically over the man's head ... Most pair lifts are rotational, with the man turning on the ice before setting the lady down a carry lift, by contrast, is a lift without rotation ... A lift's score may be affected by Type of entry – May raise difficulty by entry in spread eagle, arabesque or other position ...
Famous quotes containing the word lift:
“Too many photographers try too hard. They try to lift photography into the realm of Art, because they have an inferiority complex about their Craft. You and I would see more interesting photography if they would stop worrying, and instead, apply horse-sense to the problem of recording the look and feel of their own era.”
—Jessie Tarbox Beals (18701942)
“For every man that Bolingbroke hath pressed
To lift shrewd steel against our golden crown,
God for his Richard hath in heavenly pay
A glorious angel. Then if angels fight,
Weak men must fall; for heaven still guards the right.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)