Types of Leave
The four most common types of leave are:
- Ordinary leave which is regular chargeable leave time,
- emergency leave which is processed more quickly due to an emergency situation but still treated as chargeable leave,
- convalescent leave which is non-chargeable and only allowed with a doctor's signature that states the servicemember cannot return to duty for an extended period of time,
- permissive TDY (Temporary Duty), which is non-chargeable and is only used while traveling between stations while using their leave for government related purposes. Servicemembers using PTDY (Permissive TDY) are not charged while on leave but are also not granted travel pay. Permissive TDY is typically used when PCSing (Permanent Change of Station) and can be granted to a service member when looking for a place to live. Typically for only 10 days.
- Excess Leave (see AR 600-8-10)
Read more about this topic: Leave (U.S. Military)
Other articles related to "types, types of, type":
... aviation involves a wide range of aircraft types such as Business jets, trainers, homebuilt, aerobatic types, racers, gliders, warbirds, firefighters and medical ... The vast majority of aircraft today are general aviation types ...
... Arquilla and Ronfeldt point to three basic types of networks that may be used by netwar actors Chain network – typified by smuggling networks, where end-to-end exchanges (information ... Netwar actors may also take on hybrid forms as well, blending different types of networks and hierarchies ... be networked to each other through different types of network structures ...
... Attempts to introduce types date back to the 1980s, and as of 2008 there are still attempts to extend Prolog with types ... Type information is useful not only for type safety but also for reasoning about Prolog programs ...
... The principal types of graphemes are logograms, which represent words or morphemes (for example, Chinese characters, or the ampersand representing the English word and also Arabic numerals) syllabic characters ... For a full discussion of the different types, see Writing system Functional classification of writing systems ...
Famous quotes containing the words types of, leave and/or types:
“Our children evaluate themselves based on the opinions we have of them. When we use harsh words, biting comments, and a sarcastic tone of voice, we plant the seeds of self-doubt in their developing minds.... Children who receive a steady diet of these types of messages end up feeling powerless, inadequate, and unimportant. They start to believe that they are bad, and that they can never do enough.”
—Stephanie Martson (20th century)
“The duty of government is to leave commerce to its own capital and credit as well as all other branches of business, protecting all in their legal pursuits, granting exclusive privileges to none.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“The American man is a very simple and cheap mechanism. The American woman I find a complicated and expensive one. Contrasts of feminine types are possible. I am not absolutely sure that there is more than one American man.”
—Henry Brooks Adams (18381918)