His works, first collected in 1779, were edited, with newly discovered letters, by J. P. Browne (London, 1873). A less complete edition was edited by G. Saintsbury (London, 1894). The Florida Edition of Sterne's works is currently the leading scholarly edition – although the final volume (Sterne's letters) has yet to be published.
- René Bosch, Labyrinth of Digressions: Tristram Shandy as Perceived and Influenced by Sterne's Early Imitators (Amsterdam, 2007)
- W. M. Thackeray, in English Humourists of the Eighteenth Century (London, 1853; new edition, New York, 1911)
- Percy Fitzgerald, Life of Laurence Sterne (London, 1864; second edition, London, 1896)
- Paul Stapfer, Laurence Sterne, sa personne et ses ouvrages (second edition, Paris, 1882)
- H. D. Traill, Laurence Sterne, "English Men of Letters", (London, 1882)
- Texte, Rousseau et le cosmopolitisme littôraire au XVIIIème siècle (Paris, 1895)
- H. W. Thayer, Laurence Sterne in Germany (New York, 1905)
- P. E. More, Shelburne Essays (third series, New York, 1905)
- Wilbur Lucius Cross Life and Times of Sterne, New York 1909
- W. S. Sichel, Sterne; A Study (New York, 1910)
- L. S. Benjamin, Life and Letters (two volumes, 1912)
- Arthur Cash, Laurence Sterne: The Early and Middle Years (ISBN 0-416-82210-X, 1975) and Laurence Sterne: The Later Years (ISBN 0-416-32930-6, 1986)
- Rousseau, George S. (2004). Nervous Acts: Essays on Literature, Culture and Sensibility. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 1-4039-3454-1
- D. W. Jefferson, "Tristram Shandy and the Tradition of Learned Wit" in Essays in Criticism, 1(1951), 225–48
- Tristram Shandy: An Annotated Bibliography by Jack Lynch
- The Cambridge History of English and American Literature in 18 Volumes (1907–21). Vol. 10. The Age of Johnson. III. Sterne, and the Novel of His Times. Bibliography.
- Bibliography for the study of Laurence Sterne
- Useful Articles on Laurence Sterne, available online
Read more about this topic: Laurence Sterne
Other articles related to "bibliography":
... reference work by Australian writer Graeme Flanagan, Robert Bloch A Bio-Bibliography (1979) includes interviews with Bloch and memoirs by fellow writers such as Harlan Ellison, Richard ... output through 1986), The Complete Robert Bloch (1986, an illustrated bibliography of Bloch's writing), and The Robert Bloch Companion (1986, collected interviews) ... story reprints by Bloch, essays on his work and bibliography of his books by R ...
... Amber Dreams A Roger Zelazny Bibliography ... Roger Zelazny A Primary and Secondary Bibliography ... Roger Zelazny, Master of Amber A Working Bibliography ...
... Sheridan Le Fanu A Bio-Bibliography (1995) is the first full bibliography ... Showers's Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu A Concise Bibliography (2011) is a supplement to Crawford's out-of-print 1995 bibliography ...